Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't open Actinic program

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I haven't used my site for a few days but it appears to be working to the outside world as I have just received an order. However, on clicking on the desktop and control panel I am unable to open the program. I have had to have a new router this week but it doen't appear to be blocking Actinic as far as I can see. Any suggestions for a worried computer illiterate please.(Hosted by Actinic by the way).Also have a (x86)Uniblue\RegistryBooster\Python26.dll failure message on switching on if that may be relevant to this problem. Thanks in advance

Carole

Originally posted by Carole View Post
    Hope someone can help.
    The Community seems rather quiet at this time, sorry I am not the best expert to help you. I would say that firstly, having put what you said (uniblue, python) into Google - it seems that your computer has an infection. YOU may need to be VERY careful how you go about treating this. Do you HAVE anti-virus installed? If yes, this may not help. If no:

Very importantly, save a snapshot of your Actinic site(s) to an offline location (CD, USB stick) as soon as possible.

Importantly, copy your 'My Documents' folder to a similar offline location.

(By storing these offline you will be able to virus-scan the backups before reinstating them when necessary)

Next, use a Search Engine to find 'AVG' and install the free download. Run the [Update] (may take a while) then run [Whole System Scan] (may take even longer).

Depending on what it tells you, still be careful - put the keywords of the result back into Google. Some infections can be 'cleaned' by a scan and yet, STILL not be totally removed without some other action, for instance, editing the Registry. YOU must not edit the Registry without great care.

If that doesn't produce results, search "remove uniblue" in a search Engine. I didn't read the results but you may be able to get rid of it yourself.

*DISCLAIMER:
    Don't blame me, take care. Foolish actions are irrevocable. Careful consideration can recover your situation.... I cannot stress how important this is. Backup offline.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
    X