Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background colour not uploading

Very Simple problem.
    We have changed the background colour on the Actinic V8.5 product pages to match the new background colour on the dreamweaver design part of our website www.Bluebirdboutique.biz.
    Never had this problem before but the new colour refuses to change online even though it appears as the correct colour on all the product pages in actinic (sellerdeck)
    Something that should straightforward has now become a very annoying problem.
    Any ideas.
    I am a jewellery designer / maker who has self built the site so please, hope the solution is fairly simple.
    Regards Anthony

It could be one of several issues. Your source code shows incorrectly. Using different layouts. The product page has extra CSS. You can check layouts at Settings. See here. Also you coded some links with www and some without.

P.S. This topic should be in the Actinic v9/v8 (SellerDeck) section not 2013 but an administrator may move it.
    Peblaco

Comment

Sorry no wiser

Thanks for your reply but I am now wiser as how to fix the problem - I always thought that what ever the product page looked like (that is the background colour etc) it would upload to my website.
      (it has always worked until now! 5 years!)
      I can change the the buttons etc but even though the right colour is in the background on all my product pages of actinic will not send to my website?
      www.bluebirdboutique.biz

Comment

Update to my post

I should have said I am updating the website to the new colour, at present I am still changing the colour on the dreamweaver section of the site - see: http://www.bluebirdboutique.biz/acatalog/Cecilia.php to see correct colour
        This shows what the all 3,000 pages will look like.

Comment

Dreamweaver is not the problem

Thanks for your help.
          The short answer is I do not have time to check out your suggestions.
          We leave for London on Friday for our Olympia Trade show.

I can alter the Background colour in Dreamweaver - that I am OK at.
          It is only when a customer Clicks the link to buy - they are directed over to the Actinic part of the website - this is where the background that I have changed and shows the correct colour will not change (see image) when updated on the website, it has always been that when the settings are changed in ADVANCED THEMES the new designs are easily uploaded.- but for some reasons not now.
          I have tried doing a site refresh 3 times.

Any Ideas Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            ...P.S. This topic should be in the Actinic v9/v8 (SellerDeck) section not 2013 but an administrator may move it.
            Thread moved as mentioned.

Comment

A quick fix is to log into FTP the acatalog folder find actinic.css. Changes should be made within the software.
              Peblaco

Comment

At Last !

Thank you v much that is the info I needed.
                Changed the colour in the server now all is well.
                Again thanks !!

Kind regards Anthony

Comment

Update

Yes Thanks..
                  I used DW to access the Actinic CSS file and changed all the colours to what I wanted - then saved
                  I have gained a little more info.
                  Thanks
                  A

Comment

Working...
                  X