Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin, yes, the fixed menu bar was a relatively recent addition in the development of Swift. Of the sites that we have built ourselves, not all of them utilise all of the features of Swift, and some have additional customisations. The demo site, https://swift.sellerdeck.co.uk, is based on the current version and is the best representation of it. Apart from some of the sample images, that's what you get with the templated version.

The hamburger menu appears in the top left hand corner, in mobile view only, which is current best practice. You can see it in the demo site. It drops down the list of top level sections, and a couple of other links. It would be an easy customisation to add more links, but the content is not configurable through the UI.

I hope this helps.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      Martin, yes, the fixed menu bar was a relatively recent addition in the development of Swift. Of the sites that we have built ourselves, not all of them utilise all of the features of Swift, and some have additional customisations. The demo site, https://swift.sellerdeck.co.uk, is based on the current version and is the best representation of it. Apart from some of the sample images, that's what you get with the templated version.

The hamburger menu appears in the top left hand corner, in mobile view only, which is current best practice. You can see it in the demo site. It drops down the list of top level sections, and a couple of other links. It would be an easy customisation to add more links, but the content is not configurable through the UI.
      That's great, thanks for this Bruce.

I see this on the mobile for Harrison Telescopes website and like the way this has been configured into groups covering Top Level Sections, Information Links and Accounts.

It's time now for me to press ahead with the upgrade development from V16 to V18 with a view to implementing the Swift Template design for our site carefully considering existing changes and additional customisations now catered for in Swift.

Martin
      Mantra Audio
      Martin
      Mantra Audio

Comment

I've suspended ordering on my site for the moment so I was interested in trying this new template. Reading the implementation guide and this thread makes me think that, at the moment, this looks like something for knowledgeable and brave pioneers particularly that SD is unlikely to offer any technical support included in the monthly payments.

If I try running a test site is it going to be clear whether there are issues or does it need to be uploaded to run live to see them? In particular I don't want to end up getting orders at the moment, that I won't be able to fulfill.

Have SD already updated the template to deal with the issues raised on here or are we waiting for a new version?

I would like to make good use of my unexpected free time, but I don't want to burn my bridges and end up with problems.

Would you advise me try it?

Comment

Martin, please note that this thread was about the Beta release. I've reviewed the thread, and all of the bugs reported were fixed in the production version that we are now shipping. We are very confident in Swift; it has been well tested, and in fact it resolves a number of issues that were present in the existing themes.

The production version is fully supported though the usual channels.

I'm going to close this thread because the Beta programme is now over.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X