No announcement yet.

Accordion users act now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the cause of this problem was first tracked down it was expected to be a temporary glitch due to the migration of the service between servers. We also needed confirmation that the fix was working, which added another delay.
    The point here is that this issue effectively closed people's businesses down without warning, so Sellerdeck should have told us as soon as they became aware of it, and not waited until they had a tested fix. Then at least we could have put a warning/apology on our websites, perhaps with an offer to take payments over the phone or to send a PayPal invoice.

I reported the issue and was given the fix on 21st March, and it has taken Sellerdeck a further 4 days (excluding today) to issue a general alert. That's another 4 days lost trading for some people.

My sales this month are at least 70% down on normal. Orders stopped coming in on 19th March, which presumably was when the payment methods disappeared permanently from my website. I also have evidence that there were intermittent problems well before that; I had a customer report that there was "nowhere to enter card details" as early as 28th February.

When Support provided me with the fix, I was told it was already intended to be released as part of 18.2.4 but was now being brought forward. This suggests that while we were scratching our heads wondering why sales had fallen off a cliff, blissfully unaware that our checkouts were no longer taking payments, Sellerdeck were sitting on a fix which could easily have been released as a beta at an earlier stage. How much earlier we may never know.

Luckily for me I am a very small business so the loss I have sustained is not life-changing, nevertheless I probably won't make enough profit this month to cover my fixed overheads, the second largest of which, ironically, is my Sellerdeck support contract. Just saying...

John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Can anyone on 18.2.3 confirm that they've seen this message? You might have to restart Sellerdeck Desktop for it to appear.
      Yes, the message has appeared. Yes, I did have to restart Sellerdeck Desktop.
      John Ennals
      www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

I did the fix as per the knowledge base, just the one line, there is a lot of greyed out text above but I ignored that, I didn't have the issue but did the fix to be sure going forward.
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Hugh... Just opened my 18.2.3 and the Important Messages tab reads :

"We're working on getting new messages"

PC always attached to internet
          Jonathan Chappell
          Website Designer
          SellerDeck Website Designer
          Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
          Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gcamley View Post
            When the cause of this problem was first tracked down it was expected to be a temporary glitch due to the migration of the service between servers. We also needed confirmation that the fix was working, which added another delay.

Given the continuing reports from customers it was decided that we should remove the code that uses the 3rd party service completely. We have prepared a Knowledge Base article to detail how to remove the dependency - see https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...-do-not-appear. The change is the same as described earlier in this thread.
            It would be helpful to know when the problem first occurred if only recently in the last 2/3 weeks due to the migration of the service between servers.

We had noticed a reduction in orders over the last 2 weeks but thought it was perhaps due to a price increase, however, we did receive a few calls during this period from customers saying they were not able to get access to the payment page so we took their orders by telephone / MOTO.

We use Present Payment Options As Drop-down List not Accordion and now suspect these customer problems may have been associated with using IE11 browser.

I have implemented the KB update and removed the Polyfills code including Jonathan's greyed out bits.
            Martin
            Mantra Audio

Comment

I had a customer report that there was "nowhere to enter card details" as early as 28th February.
              Here's an article (dated 28th February) explaining what went wrong with Polyfill.io - it appears we can blame the Chinese!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/its-t...kenship-n8z7c/
              John Ennals
              www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X