Exporting snapshots failures on v4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting snapshots failures on v4

I have a client with 2 sites on version 4. These have worked well until recently when client could not export snaphsots successfully on either site.

The programme runs and says the snapshots have been created succesfully but they are very small - 6KB when they should be about 1 MB.

Any ideas ? Is is a case of reloading the software or what?

Thanks for any advice

Hi there

Is your client exporting a snapshot onto a network drive? If so, please ask him to first export it onto the desktop, then move it to the network drive.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem - no - the export was to desktop ready to email it out.

Anybody else any suggestions please?

Comment

Just as an experiment, try asking your client to re-start Actinic before attempting to export the snapshot.

If that still fails, then as an experiment ask your customer to restart their PC before exporting.

This will just establish whether it is a memory/resource error on the PC.

Comment

Thanks Chris. We have tried many times over days to do this so think we have covered restarting both by default.

Comment

Can I ask you how much memory is on the PC? You need about 128MB to ensure snapshots are always reliable.

The other thing to do is register an email support request here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.html and send them the 'Site1' folder all zipped up when they ask for it.

They can then try and export a snapshot and see whether the problem is with the data or with your PC.

Comment

my V4 just doesnt snapshot, never has, you have to copy site 1 across instead, then it works fine
              Back up and running thanks to help from Actinic community!!
              http://www.pinkcatgifts.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

my V4 just doesnt snapshot, never has, you have to copy site 1 across instead, then it works fine
                I would like to mention that if you are going to do it this way, then go to "Housekeeping | Security". Copy and paste the encryption key into notepad and also transfer this information across. This will allow you to safetly decrypt the orders when they are being downloaded.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                X