Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware needed for a demo setup at trades fair

Hi

Can someone tell me what spec of either pc or server I would need to run an actinic store locally on a network of say 3 pc's.

i.e 3 pc's on a network hub linking to another pc or server running apache with the actinic store on.

I have it running on a pc currently and can acess it over a network on another pc but it runs pretty slow is this the perl scripts ??

do they need a powerful pc/server to run ?

does anyone reckon this would work??

we want to do this so customers can order stuff while looking around a stand we are having at a local trades fair but sadly no direct connection to the internet will be there so this is the only option I have.

Any comments would be great.

Thanks very much

James

You should be OK if your server machine has 256 MB or RAM and is a reasonable modern Pentium.

I assume you have ActiverPerl installed. If you have, then open a command line and type

ppm install Digest-MD5

This will install a module which should speed up Perl performance.

Make sure each Actinic store has its own CGI Script ID (in 'Advanced | Network Setup') and they are all uploading to their own subfolders within your document root.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried the command you gave and Im getting this error message:-

Error installing package 'digest-md5' : Colud not locate a PPD file for package digest-md5

Whats going on ?

Thanks

James

Comment

You need to do it with an Internet connection open.

Comment

Working...
        X