Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkout problems after V4 to V7 migration - PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout problems after V4 to V7 migration - PLEASE HELP!!

Right, we got our version 7 software today and performed the upgrade as instructed. After doing the site upgrader etc the site looked fine and dandy so we uploaded.

The site is now online and can be browsed fine (www.buyit247.net if you're interested) however, when we add an item to the basket and try and confirm or go to checkout we get the following error in the browser...

"Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pc-interworks.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.pc-interworks.co.uk Port 80"

I have now suspended online ordering becasue of this...

What has gone wrong? Is it something to do with perl or some other black art? Please help as we need to get our store back up and running quick!!

Thanks in advance - Ben

Have you made any changes in the perl scripts, or should they be as per the defaults, i.e. since upgrading to v7, you have not amended them no?

If not, then when you uploaded the site, did you do a Web | Refresh Website as this sometimes is required to force the software to upload the latest perl scripts under v7, as it may be that the old v4 scripts are still trying to function which would not work.

You might want to first of all login under normal FTP and delete the scripts from your cgi-bin then do the refresh to be certain of there replacement. If that failes, then copy the original pm and pl script files from the v7 originals folder into your site1 folder and then do the web refresh.

All the best.

Comment

OK, that's great, thanks very much for the advice. Will give it a go in the morning and let you know the results...

Comment

Nope - didn't work!

None of the perl scripts have been changed.

I tried deleting the pl and pm scripts first (using ftp)
        Tried copying them from version7 to site1 folder and then doing a site refresh

Still no joy

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Strange one - you might want to consider sending Actinic a support request at: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as it does not look like a simple copy n paste from the originals folder then

Comment

Have spoken to them on the phone and sent them a site snapshot so fingers crossed they will get to the bottom of it...

Comment

Have to say I'm less than impressed. Spoke to their Indian call centre people again this morning after they promised to call me back yesterday before 5pm (which naturally they didn't ). Our ecommerce site is still down.

They told me this morning they tested the snapshot and it is working fine on their test server - great, would have helped if they had told me that!

Anyway, they are going to try and use the snapshot in test mode on our own server to try and find where the problem lies.

Now here's my question...

Our actinic based site has been working without incident for the past 3-4 years on version 4. I followed the upgrade guide and changed nothing so what could cause these screw ups with scripts on my server? Is it possible that Actinic v7 could have somehow changed permissions on the server or something?

Comment

Anythings possible.

Things I would check include:

1. Permissions on the server
                2. Perl versions
                3. Any perl customisations.
                4. Any checkout/cart template customisation.

I know that there was at least one checkout template change between V4 and V6 that can sometimes cause an error.

Also I see that your 'confirm' page is showing something about shipping destination. Where's that coming from ???

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

OK, how do I check permissions on the server? An ftp program? What am I looking for here? What should the settings be?

How do I check perl versions?

We certainly haven't done any perl customisations ourselves nor have we done any checkout custimisation (the help desk also got me to copy and paste the original shoppingcart and shaoppingcartXML files over but to no avail).

Sorry if these are basic questions!

The shipping destination is because we have the 'request location early' option ticked so we don't have people going all the way through an order before having to choose their carriage option

Comment

Perl version!

Right just called pipex.net and they tell me the version of Perl on our webspace is Active Perl 5.0

If I use Filezilla to check the permissions etc on the cgi-bin it tells me that...

owner persmissions are read, write and execute
                    group permissions are read and execute
                    public permissions are read and execute

numeric value is given as 755 (whatever that means!!)

That sound right??

Comment

Another question...

Does anyone know what version of Perl was required for Actinic Catalog 4??

Because if the version required for version 4 is the same as the requirements for version 7 (5.004) then it clearly isn't a perl version problem as is being suggested by Actinic support.

Anyone know?

Comment

Solution?

If you're willing to email me your snapshot and your FTP details, I'll have a go at sorting this out.
                        Pat Nelson
                        vcommunity - the business to business network
                        email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
                        www.vcommunity.org.uk
                        Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

I have the site uploaded on pipex and its fine
                          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks gents, I will phone Sir Gary (as I have now honored him for his contributions to my sanity ) shortly and see if we can get to the bottom of this. Will update the thread when I have the answer...

Comment

Well, we have been unable to get it working with Catalogue v7

Finally, after spending all day today on this with Actinic tech support I was ready to give up.

Actinic had also told me I would be unable to go back to version 4 as the site will have been upgraded.

However, just for laughs last thing tonight I started up Actinic v4, did a site refresh and BAM! Instant working site!

So...

There is some problem or incompatibility with our server and Actinic v7 and unless I get an answer in the meatime I think I will be asking for my money back on v7!! Lesson learnt; if it isn't broke - don't fix it! No matter what the 'extra' features offer!!

Comment

Working...
                              X