Upgrade Catalog 4 to Devoloper 7 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Catalog 4 to Devoloper 7 problem

I am trying to upgrade from Catalog 4 (version 4.0.8 BIDA) to Dev 7 (version 7.0.1 EGSA) - actinic is currently split over 2 pcs. The website pc has upgraded fine but the order pc installation hangs during the database upgrade process at "Calling function to create order detail report keys". Cancelling out of the process and restarting gives nasty error messages and Actinic won't load.

I have attempted to un/re-install and copy the Site1 manually but it still hangs in the same place. I've phoned Actinic Support who suggested a fresh install and import a Catalog 4 snapshot (after compacting the database) which I did but it still hangs in the same place. I have subsequently tried to contact Actinic support again but the gentleman couldn't hear me so I had to hang up. Since then I've been unable to get through.

I'm getting a bit stressed now - I've suspended ordering to do the upgrade but I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Best wishes

Helen

If you do not need to move across the orders from the v4 to v7, then reinstall the software and create a snapshot from the upload machine that you have managed to get working and upgraded with v7, and try a snapshot import from your upload machine into the download machine, which will then give you all of the connection aspects.

If you need the orders, then only what has been suggested can be done, maybe time and time again until it works mind you from what you are saying about your previous attempts.

Comment

Working...
    X