Contact us Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact us Question

I've replaced the Netquatevar:Navbmail with code from the AUG that brings up the clients email package. I think I prefer this to using an online form.

However, the "Contact Us" is currently displaying in red and is a slightly bigger font size to the rest of the Nav links.

I presume the colour is being controlled by the CSS of which I know nothing about, along with the size of the text as well. The following URL will show you what I'm talking about.

http://support.actinic.co.uk/~kcsupp...alog/shop.html

Can some kind soul point me in the direction of what to edit in the CSS in order to correct this issue.

Hope someone can help

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

Anyone out there? I've spent the last few days trying to sort this, slowly going bonkers in the process.

I've tried commenting out Netquotevar:Linkcolor in the body of my Act_Primary and replacing it with color="#000000" but that doesn't work. I've tried specifying a different colour for link in "Design/Colour palette" but that doesn't work either.

I tried dabbling with my CSS without success. (I'm not sure what I'm doing when it comes to CSS though!)

I know that the default colour for links is blue. The fact that my "Contact US" is showing in red indicates that this is being controlled by CSS.

Any CSS monkeys out there that can advise on this one?

Help!

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

From what I can tell, your email 'Contact Us' text link is delivered to the page using JavaScript, but is not surrounded by the same <span> tags as the other text links in the same row are using..

Place a .. <span class="actxxsmall"> infront of your <script> start and then </span> directly after the closing </script> tag, which will then encase anything delivered (document.write) to the browser within the class and identical style etc.

Comment

Hello Techno,

Thanks for taking a look at this. You're right about the JavaScript. I tried what you suggested but unfortunately it hasn't changed anything.

Here's the code from that part of the page.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" bgcolor="#00cdfe">
        <tr>
        <td align="center">NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOME NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT
        <span class="actxxsmall"><script type=text/javascript>
        var _u = "Info";
        var _d = "hey-presto.demon.co.uk";
        var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
        var _m = "Contact Us";
        document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"'>"+_m+"</a>");
        </script></span> </td>
        </tr>
        </table>

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Sorry...change it to...

document.write("<span class='actxxsmall'><a href='mailto:"+_l+"'>"+_m+"</a></span>");

That should do it - I thinks

Comment

Hello Techno,

I tried using that amendment, but now the "Contact US" won't display at all.

Here's a copy in case I messed it up.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" bgcolor="#00cdfe">
            <tr>
            <td align="center">NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOME NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT <span class="actxxsmall"><script type=text/javascript>
            var _u = "Info";
            var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
            var _m = "Contact Us";
            document.write("<span class="actxxxsmall"><a href='mailto:"+_l+"'>"+_m+"</a></span>");
            </script> </td>
            </tr>
            </table>

No sure what to do about this.

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

You used class="actxxxsmall" - double quotes instead of the single quotes.

Change it from " to ' on both sides of the class="hhh" to class='hhh' and that should do it.

Comment

Myles

Try <a href='mailto:"+_l+"' class='actxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a>

that *should* work.

Comment

Hi Andy & Techno,

I've made the suggested changes, but no joy as yet. The "Contact US" is still unchanged, showing as red along with the same font size.

Here's the code again in case I've messed up.

<tr>
                  <td align="center">NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOME NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT <span class='actxxsmall'><script type=text/javascript>
                  var _u = "Info";
                  var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
                  var _m = "Contact Us";
                  document.write("<span class='actxxxsmall'><a href='mailto:"+_l+"' class='actxxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a></span>");
                  </script> </td>
                  </tr>
                  </table>

Is there anything else I can try?

Myles
                  www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

O.K. I'm getting close to a solution.

The "Contact Us" is now showing in black. But I still can't get the font size to change!

Here's the code as it stands.

<script type=text/javascript>
                    var _u = "sales";
                    var _d = "domain.co.uk";
                    var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
                    var _m = "Contact US";
                    document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black' class='actxxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a>");
                    </script>.

I've also tried:

document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black;font-size:small'>"+_m+"</a>");

Any suggestions on how to control the font size would be very welcome, this is driving me nuts!

Thanks

Myles
                    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Originally posted by magicalwonders
                      O.K. I'm getting close to a solution.

The "Contact Us" is now showing in black. But I still can't get the font size to change!

Here's the code as it stands.

var _u = "sales";
                      var _d = "domain.co.uk";
                      var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
                      var _m = "Contact US";
                      document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black' class='actxxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a>");
                      </script>.

I've also tried:

document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black;font-size:small'>"+_m+"</a>");

Any suggestions on how to control the font size would be very welcome, this is driving me nuts!

Thanks

Myles
                      Myles,
                      At first blush the only thing that I see wrong at this point is that you are using actxxxsmall, the class contained in the actinic.css is 'actxxsmall' there is no XXX small, html will just ignore incorrect classes.

I am currently testing it for you you, I will let you know what I find.

If you would like a quick tutorial on Cascading Style Sheets go to The Web Design Group

Regards
                      Eagle
                      Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Hi Eagle,

Thanks for your help on this, and for the link. I'll add this to my favourites.

I'd like to continue learning Html and add CSS to my knowledge. I had a go at Perl, but that was way over my head!

Anyway, document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black;font-size:small'>"+_m+"</a>"); works well when viewed in a browser, but document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black' class='actxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a>"); doesn't respond as I'd hoped when included in Act_primary.

The colour is O.K. but the font size is not responding. Getting the link to the same size as the rest of the Navigation is proving tough!

If you spot where I'm going wrong please let me know.

Many thanks

Myles
                        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Eagle,

Thanks for your help on this, and for the link. I'll add this to my favourites.

I'd like to continue learning Html and add CSS to my knowledge. I had a go at Perl, but that was way over my head!

Anyway, document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black;font-size:small'>"+_m+"</a>"); works well when viewed in a browser, but document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black' class='actxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a>"); doesn't respond as I'd hoped when included in Act_primary.

The colour is O.K. but the font size is not responding. Getting the link to the same size as the rest of the Navigation is proving tough!

If you spot where I'm going wrong please let me know.

Many thanks

Myles
                          Myles,

Try this link and see if it is working the way you want it to work....

http://www.arassoc.com/test/test.html

Let me know, by the way, do you have a Yahoo IM address?

Thanks
                          Eagle
                          Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Hi Eagle,

Thanks for taking the time to test this. It's all very strange. The Link has responded to your code at the test site location. But it seems to have no affect on the size of font when applied to my act_primary!

I've uploaded the latest version at this url:

It's using this version of the code

var _u = "sales";
                            var _d = "domain.co.uk";
                            var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
                            var _m = "Contact US";
                            document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black' class='actxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a>");
                            </script>.

Might there be something in my Act_primary that is messing this up?

No Yahoo IM address by the way.

Many thanks
                            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Eagle,

Thanks for taking the time to test this. It's all very strange. The Link has responded to your code at the test site location. But it seems to have no affect on the size of font when applied to my act_primary!

I've uploaded the latest version at this url:

It's using this version of the code

var _u = "sales";
                              var _d = "domain.co.uk";
                              var _l = _u + "@" + _d;
                              var _m = "Contact US";
                              document.write("<a href='mailto:"+_l+"' style='color:black' class='actxxsmall'>"+_m+"</a>");
                              </script>.

Might there be something in my Act_primary that is messing this up?

No Yahoo IM address by the way.

Many thanks
                              Myles,

Check the ACT_Primary for the following statement.

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="actinic.css">

If that statement is not in the ACT_Primary, or whatever html is using the above script, the CSS file will not be seen and ignored.

Regards
                              Eagle

Comment

Working...
                              X