3 for 2 Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 for 2 Offer

Hi, I am looking to run a 3 for 2 offer on a particulart product range where they get the cheapest free. How would i go about getting it so that the shopping cart doesn't charge for the 'free' product?

At the moment i have just posted on the homepage that we'll manually ammend cart totals when processing the order but it would be nice if the customer could see how much they were getting charged from the shooping cart.

I hope this is easy to do cos I'm a novice at this

I hope i have explained myself well enough. We're using Catalog V6

thanks
    Alex

The term BOGOF (not being nasty) which means Buy One Get One Free (or in your case buy 2 get the 3rd free) is a feature which has been developed into the v7 Business version of the software and not something which is included in any variant below v7 Business afraid.

Dont see how you can get the v6 line to automatically apply this type of discounting live onsite afraid and hense why Actinic has developed this under pain of death and many problems (hehehehe) to get it operational for v7.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response, I'll just have to carry on adjusting totals manually when processing orders

Comment

Hi
        Might sound like a stupid question, but where abouts is this BOGOF facility hidden in business V7 as i cant find it anywhere........ feels like i am spending most of my time on the forum looking for answers

Comment

Hi there

Look in "View | Discount and Surcharge Settings | Cart Content", here there is an example for "3 for the price of 2".

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi

cooo this is getting fun! NOT....

have tried to apply the BOGOF and have gone to the View¦Discounts & Surcharges section and set-up which groups i want the offer to apply too, but i cant for the life of me find out where the actual buy one get one free option is.....

Sorry if this sounds dull but i have spent so much time altering the html that the basic stuff which the product is meant to do seems to allude me

Comment

View | Discounts & Surcharge settings | Miscellaneous and under Discount Description and select the one you want.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X