Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading

Hi All

I am testing out V7 developer before we purchase it at the end of the month. However i have followed the upgrade guide and got it all into developer. Which is very good i then try uploading it to my test site and i get errors about the cgi-bin being wrong and that I do not have permissions. I've checked at the server end and everythings ok. I'll try and get a screen print just wondered if anyone else has had this trouble.

Regards

Russell
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

You'll need to post your network settings (without username and password). Probably an incorrect path.

Comment

I have included all the screen shots. Including the network setttings.

This is driving me insane, im telling the MD to buy the software and all he see's is it not working.
      Attached Files
      Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
      When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

What happens when you run the Test in Advanced / Network Setup?

Also who and what type is your server host?

Norman.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The error appears
          'Unable to move to the cgi-bin directory "/htdocs/cgi-bin/" on the FTP server.
          The specified directory does not exist or you do not have access to the directory.' you click ok, then Test again and its all fine.

Regards

Russell

Comment

A quick update the upload process keeps timing out.

Comment

Your Path to CGI-BIN looks suspect. You have "/htdocs/cgi-bin/" and "/cgi-bin/" or "cgi-bin/" looks more likely.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Russell,

I would turn off enhanced ftp. If i have it on mines times out too. Turn it off and it uploads perfectly every time!

Dave
                Cheers

David
                Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I would check the server OS your site is hosted on and set your "Path to Perl Shell" accordingly. "../htdocs/cgi-bin/" is usually indicative of a windows server however your Perl path would indicate a Unix server.
                  The path to perl on windows would normally be something like "c:\perl\bin"

Check these settings as this conflict would return the error you are receiving.
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I've just tried to upload the old Actinic Catalogue version 6 and I get the same error. I run all the tests and it seems fine. Please let me know if this is a problem with the internet supplier.

Comment

Hi Russell

I've just tried to upload the old Actinic Catalogue version 6 and I get the same error.
                      Do you mean you get the timeout error. Normally timeout error originate from your server? Who is hosting you? Its possible your issue could be down to concurrent ftp connections. We specifiy the following:

Actinic Ecommerce uses multiple concurrent FTP connections to upload the web site
                      Actinic recommends that the server allow 5 minutes for 10 connections in 60 seconds.
                      Lower values may be acceptable but a setting of 5 minutes for 5 connections in 90 seconds has been known to cause FTP Timeout errors.
                      Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi All

After working on it for around 46 hours we have finally got it sorted. It was something to do with the CGI folder on the server. Not our fault, took ages to convince them that it was there problem not mine... Even then they said that they couldn't find any problems, we have swapped it over and now it all works fine.

Thanks for all your help.

Russell

Comment

ps just seen this but was it fasthosts?
                          Jenny
                          Hanson Web Design
                          www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                          jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                          Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Not sure who it was from, we get it through a friend of the bosses. Its all going nicely now (crossing fingers).

Comment

I can see who it is with but I had better keep quiet. If you have script timeout problems give me a shout.
                              Jenny
                              Hanson Web Design
                              www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                              jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                              Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
                              X