Sudden upload failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden upload failure

Tearing my hair out here - Actinic has stopped working! Sequence of events was as follows:

1. Testing development site, I got a 'General Script Error' saying that nqset00.fil is corrupt.

2. Found a support thread which suggested deleting all .fil and .cat files on both the local site and the server to fix this problem - did this.

3. Went to Web | Refresh site as suggested, but nothing happens - no files are being transferred. I get an occasional 'hourglass' on the screen which suggests that something is happening, but no other signs - although I can still use Actinic offline functions.

4. Tried using 'update' option with same result - no files are transferred, and I don't get the normal update progress dialogue panel.

So far I've tried the following:

- checked the 'Network Setup' test button - all seemed OK

- re-loaded entire site from a previous (working!) snapshot - same result

- completely re-booted PC and re-loaded Actinic from scratch with no other apps running - no result

Hosting is on a Windows server, and was all working fine before this sudden failure today.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Can you try changing the Script ID number in the 'Advanced | Network Setup' screen to a different number and then refresh the site. Please note that if you have any hard-coded links to perl files in the cgi-bin (ie view cart or checkout) then they won't work. You can either change these links if the upload works or then try to change the ID number back again.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey

Brilliant, that seems to have solved it!

Any idea what may have caused the problem in the first place - so I can avoid it in future?

Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

It sounds like one of your scripts may have become corrupt (possibly nq000001.pl as this is the first one uploaded at the very beginning of an upload) - changing the script ID forces the scripts to be re-generated.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey, one more weapon in my arsenal of things to try when it all goes pear-shaped!

Richard

Comment

Working...
          X