Script Error Again - URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike,

So it would seem that I just hope for the best then.

I shall be using Hostway in the US since thats where I will be when I set up Actinic so I presume they will have an identical setup to the UK one.

And I also presume using the US Actinic version wont make any difference.

Toby

Comment

The US Version of Actinic is identical to the UK one from the point of view of hosting. I would not bank on Hostway US being identical to Hostway UK though. The US seems to like Windows servers much more.

Comment

Hmmm

Having just experianced the same problems with internetters, and being bounced backwards and forwards by actinic and internetters. I gave up pulling my hair out at the point only having 5 left.

so i switched to pinbrook designs. And guess what so far i have not recieved one problem (touch wood)

An all i can say is they have been more than help full in helping me out, we even have our own SSL cert at a price considerably less than most companies charge.

Darren

ps Thanks jo for the feed back form works a treat

Comment

zmagyar

Its nothing to do with space left on the drive, its the amount of memory that is allocated for perl resources..........its not the same.

Mike
          www.thefreemason.com - the internet portal for freemasonry

Comment

its the amount of memory that is allocated for perl resources..........
            this is an issue for the host to resolve. It is proven that v6 requires more memory, many people have had problems with their host because of this.

Comment

Blue in the Face saying this but V6 is crap on NT/2000
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

My V6 is working really nicely now on windows - uploads in minutes, seems quick to run to me. I think it only runs into problems on the machines that are a bit overcrowded - having said that it was also working just about ok on fasthosts personal account until they improved the servers.

Regards
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

.......V6 used on several servers, and we have found that it now works best (espec. with patches) on W2k (via Hostway)

Just our experienced view point, that all. (you just dont know how many techies we have had to calm down about other providers !! ;-)
                  www.thefreemason.com - the internet portal for freemasonry

Comment

Originally posted by murf
                    zmagyar

Its nothing to do with space left on the drive, its the amount of memory that is allocated for perl resources..........its not the same.

Mike
                    Sorry but I must disagree here (believe me, I know the difference). There can be issues due to the server memory limitations but that results different problems (e.g. internal server error or timeout in most of the cases). This problem has already been raised here several times before therefore we are taking this issue seriously. I have personally spent some time on the investigation of the memory allocation problems but I have never seen this message reported due to the limited resources for perl.

BTW probably a good news for the community that as a result of this investigation the performance issues will be addressed in the next major release. I can not promise that it will require less memory but we are trying to compensate the requirements of the new features to keep this level of memory requirements and do not follow the increase greatly summarised at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...?threadid=716.

Ah, the reported error message (I almost forgot about this :-). There is only 4 places in the code when the quoted error message can be displayed for the session files. All of them is something like
                    Code:
                    	unless (open (XMLFILE, ">$sFilename"))			# open the file
                    		{
                    		return ($::FAILURE, ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 21, $sFilename, $!));
                    		}
                    What are we doing here? A built in Perl function is called to open a file for writing. If the file open can not be done then we are displaying the message returned from the system. As you can see there is nothing about the memory. The script tries to do a file operation by using a system call and the system can not do that. Do not forget that the "No space left on device" message is returned from the system... Repeat, system error
                    So I guess something strange is going on that server. You have mentioned that your host has already done everything possible to resolve this issue. Therefore I guess the memory limit has been increased (or even eliminated). As you are still experiencing the problem it looks like that its reason is somewhere else.
                    AFAICS you are hosted on a Windows server with IIS5. I don't know this configuration well but probably some misconfiguration may lead to the situation when the script is not able to write to the HD. I would suggest to contact your ISP and ask them to investigate this field. I hope the summary above helps to move this issue forward.
                    Originally posted by pinbrook
                    this is an issue for the host to resolve. It is proven that v6 requires more memory, many people have had problems with their host because of this.
                    Partially I agree with you. If the hosting is advertised for ecommerce then the increased requirements of an ecommerce site should be provided.
                    Zoltan
                    Actinic Software
                    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

the drive or partition most likely really is full!

however if it is not then "no space on device" can be caused by problems with incorrect quota settings for user/sites/directories or corrupt quota tables, incorrect file permissions or the user apache isn't allowed access to the directory, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X