sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

I have chosen Actinic to generate a receipt for customers after they have completed the checkout procedure. Its the printer friendly one within actinic.

Anyway sometimes it works, they are passed to the receipt page after they have paid nochex, protx or paypal.

Sometimes it doesnt.

When it doesnt it either comes up with "oops it looks like you have clicked your browsers back button" or "general script error..." and jumps back to the very front of the store.

The thing is the payment has been processed fine, but the customer thinks it hasnt so they go back in and pay again...and again.... and sometimes even again. I wouldnt mind, but it costs me to issue a refund !

Please help

thanks

up..........................

Comment

Hi there

Post your url for the website please, so we can take a look into the error log.
      Its possible you may have an issue with the SMTP, but we need to check.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there

Thanks for the url, just checked out your site, and cannot find any error log. So either Actinic has not generated any error messages or we don't have permission to read the error log.

What should happen, is that i should be able to read your error log by going to: http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/error.err

I would suggest in ftp'ing to your site, go into the /acatalog/ folder and find a file called "error.err". If you see it, download it and attach it to this thread.

If you don't find a file, then Actinic is not generating any error and it possible is just a delay within your SMTP server, so i would suggest in getting in touch with your hosting company.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
          Hi there

Thanks for the url, just checked out your site, and cannot find any error log. So either Actinic has not generated any error messages or we don't have permission to read the error log.

What should happen, is that i should be able to read your error log by going to: http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/error.err

I would suggest in ftp'ing to your site, go into the /acatalog/ folder and find a file called "error.err". If you see it, download it and attach it to this thread.

If you don't find a file, then Actinic is not generating any error and it possible is just a delay within your SMTP server, so i would suggest in getting in touch with your hosting company.

Kind Regards
          ok here is what is in the file

Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2004/10/11 21:27, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2004/10/11 21:27, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2004/12/31 17:58, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2004/12/31 17:58, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2004/12/31 18:24, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2005/01/03 14:58, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2005/01/03 15:13, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2005/01/03 15:13, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2005/01/09 16:20, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2005/01/12 13:45, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2005/01/17 03:15, Internal Errors = The input is NULL
          Program = CATACACC, Program version = 72 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/6.0 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2005/01/18 13:51, Internal Errors = The input is NULL

cheers

Comment

Hi there

This sounds like a bug we had with IE6.0.28. The only thing you could do was to apply a perl module fix. Please see the following thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=11594

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X