X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's exactly what we did and it didn't work
    David
    Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Also, the snapshot we sent you was a Support Snapshot, had we imported that back in as you suggested, would we have lost all our recent orders etc?
      David
      Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Hi there

If you were going to import the snapshot, you could simply untick "Override all order in target installation". Now when it imports, actinic will not import the orders, only the catalog part which includes the templates.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi David

There is a simpler way to fix the simple search on your site, by saving the attached catalogbody html file to your site1 fodler - overwritting the existing one.

The reason why the search wasnt working properly on all pages was because of a closing form tag appearing in this template which was placing a form within a form...

Ive moved this form tag to the bottom of the template, and it all seems to work fien now.

Hope that helps
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah ha! That solved it. Thank you

In the process of fixing this, I've discovered something else odd . . . but I'll start a new thread for that.
            David
            Mandrake Press Ltd

Comment

I have just had the exact same problem reported to me

I copied the file from the business css folder to the site folder, but it messed up the sidebar, by making it a lot wider on all pages spoiling the appearance of the site.

I guess I have the same error in the catalog body file-but am wary of just trying it without a bit of advise

Thanks

Mick

Comment

Any suggestions before I jump in blind

Thanks

Comment

Mick,

Are you using v7? Can you open both your existing catalogbody file and the zipped one above and compare them? If the only difference is the location of the form tag, you should be safe with a replacement. It may be better to give the url for your site and let us look at what exactly is happening.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill

At home at the moment, but pretty sure I am running V7.03.

I am getting a corrupt file when downloaded, so cant check the contents of the one posted here.

Website is www.candccentral.co.uk

The search fails on the acatalogue/index page, but if you go into any of the sections it works fine.

Thanks

Mick

Comment

Just checked it out, and I see the error. Nothing additional shows up in Firefox either.

I do see that the Go! button is calling ca00001.pl and not ss00001.pl, searching the page source for form, I do find a <form> tag opened for ca00001.pl that is never closed. You need to find where that is coming from and add the </form> tag in the right place.
                      Bill

Comment

Just checked it out, and I see the error. Nothing additional shows up in Firefox either.
                        Thanks Bill

I see what you mean about the go button.

I do find a <form> tag opened for ca00001.pl that is never closed. You need to find where that is coming from and add the </form> tag in the right place.
                        Looks like it is same error then, but the fix is corrupted

Comment

Quick fix - comment out the call to the ca00001.pl script by changing

Code:
                          <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://www.candccentral.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE=""> </FORM><FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.candccentral.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="">
                          to
                          Code:
                          <!-- FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://www.candccentral.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE=""> </FORM><FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.candccentral.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="" -->
                          I cannot see what that would break, and it should solve the problem. By commenting rather than deleting, its a quick job to reverse it if it does break something.
                          Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill

But I can't find those lines in that file

This is my catalogbody contents

<!-- CatalogBody HTML begin -->
                            <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the catalog body -->
                            <!-- If customer accounts are in operation the following line will display -->
                            <!-- welcome message and a LOGOUT button -->
                            <Actinic:WELCOME/>

</FORM>
                            <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHCGIURL">
                            <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
                            NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHBODY
                            </FORM>
                            <FORM METHOD=NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIURL">
                            <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
                            NETQUOTEVARESITEMAPLINK

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBODY

NETQUOTEVAR:SPLASHTEXTBODY

NETQUOTEVAR:INFOLINES

NETQUOTEVAR:SSPPOWEREDBY

NETQUOTEVAR:POWEREDBY

<!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the catalog body -->
                            <!-- CatalogBody HTML end -->

Comment

Are you using a different Primary template for the index page? If yes, edit that and add a </FORM> tag just before your call to quicksearch. If no, still edit the Primary template, add the tag and then do a save as, rename the file and select the new file as the template for your index page.
                              Bill

Comment

Sorry Bill this is way over my head

I use a custom index page, but a standard catalogue index page-does that make sense?

Comment

Working...
                                X