Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Products in Shopping Cart

Please Help.
    I have aproblem when customers add a product duplicate to the shopping cart on my site. It keeps the product reference, which is fine, but it changes the description back to the original product description. Being a duplicate product I can understand why, but customers are adding to cart and then not ordering because they think they will recieve the wrong item. eg. if they order a part for a Ford Galaxy it will add to the cart as a VW or Seat part as they are the same part and Part number but with a different application.
    Any Ideas anyone? Please.
    Phil
    http://www.body-kit.co.uk

The help file in Actinic states the following under DUPLICATES
    >>
    · Short Description (although the original product's short description will be the one that appears in the shopping cart)
    >>

I guess that kind of makes sense as you are ordering the same product regardless of what the description says - if you have the same part that can be used for different applications you best bet will be to add a choice to the product so the customer selects if they need it for a Ford, Seat etc... keep the description generic (eg roof rack) so you can duplicate it into different sections - then the cart will show the select choice

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks John,
      Yes I see what you mean. It does what it's meant to and I can see why. 3 reasons I'd like the description to stay as it is on the page.
      1. It makes the product look more unique.
      2. If I make the Short description generic I've got about 2 thousand to change.
      3. I can see exactly what the order is as soon as I get it.
      I realise now that its not an actinic problem or a bug, but if I could change a line or 2 of code somewhere it would be ideal. I suppose I could just change the description of the original to a generic descripton and hide it ? Brilliant.
      Cheers,
      Phil
      http://www.body-kit.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid that it is not possible to change this, so a duplicate product can have two names. You may need to use a generic descriptions and hide it, but if this does not work then it cannot be done.
        I will mark your reasons onto our wishlist.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X