changing web hosting server via actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there,

thanks for your help it is really appreciated, can you tell me how i will know when it is done? can you tell me how to check and what to look for then i can check again maybe tomorrow?

Thanks for your help.....

Anil
    Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

I use www.dnsstuff.com, then the whois lookup on the page

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        I've just looked at your DNS servers

Domain servers in listed order:
        NS1.TEKNONHOSTING.COM 65.98.55.242
        NS2.TEKNONHOSTING.COM 65.98.55.243

is this the old server or the new one?

I suspect you are still having problems because the DNS hasn't propagated yet. for a com domain this can take 24-72 hours.
        i have just realised what you are saying, this is the old server. any more ideas anyone?

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

you need to wait until the DNS has propagated. ie 24-72 hours

Comment

hi there pinbrook, sorry this is the dns for the new server, its already there... technohost is the new host, so its done, so do we have any new ideas on what to do? thanks again your help is really appreciated.

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

hi there,

the hosting company sent me the following message:

"You should send me the URL to the website for this script or application so I can see what they say about server requirements."

is there anywher i can get server requirements of an actinic site etc....

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

for some strange reason, actinic has taken now to the details - like a baby with a bottle of milk.

but i now have a further problem,

now i have a problem with moving my email account, this is the final stage. It says the foillowing message:

"The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server."

Actinic comes up with the following error details#:

"Mail server messages:

220-server145.teknonhosting.com ESMTP Exim 4.44 #1 Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:11:32 -0500
                220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
                220 and/or bulk e-mail.
                250 server145.teknonhosting.com Hello www.decorativextras.com [127.0.0.1]
                250 OK
                550-Verification failed for <enquiries@decorativextras.com>
                550-No Such User Here
                550 Sender verify failed
                Failed 4 - Response: 550-Verification failed for <enquiries@decorativextras.com>
                550-No Such User Here
                550 Sender verify failed

421 server145.teknonhosting.com lost input connection"

where can i find my email details? I have opened a neomail account and can go into it, but still have the same email address somewhere else, do i need to move it over or something?

Can you help please, thanks

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

hi there,

i have just recieved this error when uploading the site on the new server for the first time,

"an error occured while merging files on the remote site. Diff file checksum error (calculated 9284219, expected 9315254). Please refresh your website. If the problem persists and you are unable to upload your store contact actinic reseller or actinic support as appropriate"

i am going to refresh the website and try upload again, is this what is reccomended?

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

hi there,

after 30 or so posts i have finally craked it....thanks all, just one last issue though, may be simple to the person who holds the knowledge.

When i go to my site using the web address bar:

http://www.Decorativextras.com

The page goes to an index page, instead of going straight into catalog? does anyone know why this is? is there some redirect page that i need? i have heard of this in the past, but am not sure, any advise anyone?

again i really appreciate everyones patience, i am new to swapping hosts, but am sure will bre an expert once i have done this one.

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

go to the videos your host provides

http://www.teknonmedia.com/cpanelvideos/redirect.html

redirect URL is the one you want.

redirect from www.decorativxtras.com/index.html to www.decorativxtras.com/acatalog/index.html

Comment

hi there,

that worked great, thanks for all your help, i finally got there, really appreciate it.

Hopefully will have no more hosting issues, now dont need to worry about changing hosts

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

hi there....

it was too good to be true, i forgot to have to change my email settings, right now i need to change the email settings on the catalog, so that customers get confirmation emails when they order. where can i set these without having to go through the rest of the network settings? As i have tried a dummy sale, but did not get an email. When io was going through the network settings it said the email details were not right and did not work, so any ideas how to adjust these settings anyone?

thanks

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

Hi there

In "Advance | Network Setup", where it says "SMTP Server", make sure this is the server given to you by your hosting company. Some time it could be "mail.domain.co.uk", "smtp.domain.co.uk" or even "localhost". Then in "View | Business Settings | Company/Contact", make sure this email address is the one you use for that domain, ie "sales@decorativeextras.com"

The two setting must come from the same hosting company.

Kind Regards
                            Nadeem Rasool
                            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                            X