Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recieving and fulfilling orders - urgent

Dear All

We have finally got our client's site together, and gone live, and have worldpay set up to handle online transactions.

We went to visit our client to install the software and get them going - and when we demonstrated a test order we didnt know how to put it from pending through to completed orders. (we were printing out reports and it still wasnt moving across).We also found out that the staff who will be using the system are not that clued up and probably wont want to do anything too involved.

What settings do i have to set up so the staff can download an order, read/print it and then have it move into completed orders?

I also want the transaction to go through straight away with Worldpay, so the client doesnt have to do any manual processing in Actinic, as they dont understand it, i guess thats set up automatically.

I will set Actinic to live mode on monday morning when i visit them.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

An order will stay in pending until you've marked the goods as shipped and printed out the invoice.

Occasionally there may be an overpayment or underpayment issue in which case the order will also remain in pending until the balance is zero (it usually just requires a credit or debit amount to entered in the payment screen).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
      An order will stay in pending until you've marked the goods as shipped and printed out the invoice.
      Thanks for getting back to me. As it was only a test order do these behave differently to regular orders? (i havent put the catalog to production mode yet, still in test mode).

I only ask as the order details are greyed out so i cant click on any shipping options to say its gone out. Also, which invoice should i tell them to print as there are dozens of reports which can be selected for printing.

Appologies if these are simple queries - I cant really find sufficient documentation on the ordering subjects.

Thanks again.

Comment

If you double click on the order it will open up a window on screen. Selecting the 'line items' tab will allow you to select each (or all) of the line items and mark them as shipped (or cancelled).

You'll also find buttons towards the bottom of the windows for printing packing lists and invoices and for emailing customers to confirm shipment.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
          Occasionally there may be an overpayment or underpayment issue in which case the order will also remain in pending until the balance is zero (it usually just requires a credit or debit amount to entered in the payment screen)
          With worldpay handling transactions at the time of a purchase with the site will there be a need for this scenario ever occuring?

I'm just confused over order processing. Am i right in assuming the user of actinic doesnt have to enter any credit card details or process anything after an orders come through to them if Worldpay is being used to handle transactions for payments. I'd rather it was all automatic as the users of the software are not too comfortable with..... technology!!

Comment

The kind of thing that could cause an overpayment issue is where a customer places an order and then phones or emails to say that on the email he got it says two of something but he really only wanted one.

The only sensible thing to do is to adjust the order, do a partial refund manually on worldpay and then adjust the payments within actinic to show the refund (as any manual payments can't be automatically shown in actinic as it knows nothing about them).

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X