Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP problem sending to hotmail/yahoo/gmail

Hi,
    I have been testing creating customer accounts, I have created 2 accounts with gmail and hotmal addresses, both seem to fail and I get an SMTP error:

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
    1. Network transmission problems.
    2. Could have Changed the SMTP Server settings, but not Uploaded after that.

Recommendation:
    1. Retry
    2. Upload the Site First, if you have changed the SMTP Server Settings.

Resolution:
    If retry fails, check your SMTP settings
    or contact your ISP.

The error was:
    58321tdw@gmail.comError returned from SMTP server (4: email client.

Command: send Filename:

I searched the forum and found that a similar problem is if the main contact address is not the same as the domain but mine is the same as the domain. If I change the customer address to one of my private domain addresses or company address it works fine. Its just hotmail, gmail and yahoo.
    Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Actinic is designed to send mail from your host server. Most ISP's will not accept mail relay from other domains/servers as that leaves them open to spam.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I understand that, I am only sending e-mails using my host server, the problem is that my test accounts with hotmail/gmail/yahoo cannot receive messages do to the given error above but any other e-mail address with my own domain names is fine.

Comment

What's generating the error message? If it's actinic, then why is actinic generating an error message about a gmail address?

The way it should work is actinic sends the email to your hosts smtp server which then forwards it to the recipient. Actinic shouldn't be trying to send emails directly to gmail.

Mike

Comment

All I know is when I click on send password for example in a customer account I get the error. If I change the address to anything else its fine.

Comment

So you are saying your SMTP within Actinic is set to mail.yourdomain.com

you create a customer acct so the customer has a gmail email address, but the emails do not get sent to the gmail acct. nor do they go to a hotmail acct. Have you tried any other addresses. (except your own domain ones)

use one of mine if you like "test at surf-wax co. uk"

Comment

have you set up your smtp details in the network setup section? Once these haev been setup actinic shouldn't be asking for them again.

Mike

Comment

I spoke to my host and they said just change the SMTP to localhost, works fine now thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X