Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files.

I know this topic has been covered before but I need more info please.

When I am trying to update store changes I get through all the stages of the update until the last one, 'Merging incremental updates at the web site'. I then get the following error message:

A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files. 403 - Forbidden ( The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). )

All changes are uploaded to the site but the 'Retrieve Orders' button is greyed out. The search function also does'nt work.

With regard to my network settings, I cannot automatically configure them using 'configure web site details' wizard as it wont get past the Proxy/Firewall configuration. I have to use the manuall network setting and set the proxy and ftp to 'none' to get any conection at all.

I have already been to see the IT manager here who told me the proxy settings to use but these have not worked (foloowed his instructions to a tee). He is a very busy man so in order for him to be able to help me more, I need some clear instructions of what needs to be checked and done with the proxy server/ my machine to get it working.

I have read the other posts (IT manager has too) but these have not given enough info.

All suggestions welcome.

Marc

See whether this knowledge base article gives your technical guy the information he needs:

http://www.actinic.com/knowledge/aca...18.html#aCD220

Comment

No the ISA server is already set like this. As I stated before, I already have FTP access and can upload the storebut when it gets to the very last stage it gives the error mentioned above.

Comment

In case it helps narrow things down. The "Merging files..." phase uses HTTP to run a Perl script on the server. I've seen this error when I've tinkered with a Perl script (and put errors into it) and this script is needed to run the merge phase.

If you can see your servers error logs they may help.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Unfortunately, I dont have access to the server logs.

I have had this problem since first installing Actinic at this location and I have not changed any of the Perl scripts.

Its driving me mad aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X