I want to change where the site forwards after adding to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to change where the site forwards after adding to cart

After you add to cart the store shows you the order and then has at the bottom of the screen this:

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

It then takes you back to the page before. It's confusing and I'd like to either stop it or redirect it somewhere else.

Please help!

I was trying to do something similar. This link might help. Hope it does.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...2020#post62020

Cheers!
    Kevin

Comment

Thanks Kevin. I had a look at that and couldn't see 'cart manager.pl' in my site directory?

Hmmm. not sure what to do... It's basically very annoying that it goes back to the previous page. Almost any other page will do!

Any more advice?

PLEASE!

Comment

Just realized that my redirect was after an order was completed and was set by:

Going into "Design options" - "Miscellaneous" and look for the field names "Url for Completed and Aborted Checkout"

I don't think this affects the cart redirect but you can try it.

Cheers!
        Kevin

Comment

Kevin, thanks again! That doesn't work either!

Everything is working apart from this....

Any more ideas?

Comment

Also. Found and edited the script as per the first suggestion you made Kevin and it didn't work!

HELP!

Comment

Hi Anselm - the method quoted in the knowledge base as posted above does work - best to check again that you have the correct syntax and upload the site again and test - probably just a typo in the code

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hmm .. you have me stumped.

Maybe try sending an email directly to Actinic's support site.

http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Good luck!

Cheers!
                Kevin

Comment

I've decided that i want to do this too.....even though I have been working with catalog since v3, it still takes me by suprise when you add to cart and then bounce back to where you came from.

I'd like "continue shopping" and "checkout" choices on this screen.

Comment

You should have thise choices Jo. Do you have the bounce delay set too short to get the time to scroll down?
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

when you add to basket in the general scheme of shopping, the basket contents are displayed, with an automatic bounce (bounce time set in Design |Options)

If you view the contents of the basket using the Basket link, you go to a basket display with all the links - ie continue, checkout etc.

It is the first option here I would like to see links on

Comment

Hi,

If you view the contents of the basket using the Basket link, you go to a basket display with all the links - ie continue, checkout etc. It is the first option here I would like to see links on
                        Change your shopping mode to either 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' or 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' (Design | Options | Shop Defaults).
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

But I have quantity on product page. I want to keep this, as it makes little sense to have quantity on confirmation page when people order multiple items

Comment

Hi Jo,

I want to keep this, as it makes little sense to have quantity on confirmation page when people order multiple items
                            I take it that you have a single add to cart button on the page? I've searched the community and see that this question has been asked before but has always been answered with 'it can't be done' (sorry). The only thing that I can get to be close to what you want but probably isn't really what you want is to go straight to checkout after adding products to basket on a page with a single add to cart button - see here.

I'll add your request to the wishlist.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by gladester
                              After you add to cart the store shows you the order and then has at the bottom of the screen this:

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

It then takes you back to the page before. It's confusing and I'd like to either stop it or redirect it somewhere else.

Please help!
                              You're lucky mine is going to a page that is not even in use - and I haven't got a clue why

I would love to know where it is getting this page from especially as there isn't a single product on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X