No announcement yet.

I want to change where the site forwards after adding to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW - I've also changed CartManager.pl - and put in a URL - but it still insists on redirecting to a static info page with no products on it.

I have upgraded to Business 7.0.3 - and can't be sure if this problem was there before the upgrade - certainly last time I tested it (which was a month or two ago) it was fine.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would be grateful.

BTW - I did a complete refresh of my website still no joy

Comment

Hi Ian,

If you go to "Design | Option | Shop Default", if you set the shopping mode to be in "Quantity in Product Page", do you see a difference when you upload the changes. Alternatively you could set the shopping mode to be on one section, and check this section online.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi,

Mine is already set to 'Quantity on Product Page' - puzzled as to why it defaults to a non-product page.

Done a complete refresh as well

Comment

Hi there

Okay, please could you supply us with a url of where this problem is stemming from?

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi all

Ive been scratching my head on this one too. I have read the knowledge base article and made the changes to CartManager.pl but still it redirects back to previous page.

Clicking my Add to Cart button executes the perl script "ca000001.pl"

My (very) limited technical understanding leads me to believe that CartManager.pl "converts" to "cm000001.pl" and ShoppingCart.pl "converts" to "ca000001.pl". Is this correct?

If this is correct then should we not be editting ShoppingCart.pl and if so what changes do we need to make?

Many thanks

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

Yes you are correct regarding the scripts.
              I've just tried doing this on a default store and got the same as you, so it looks like a script has changed in 7.0.3, i will ask the development team for a solution in this.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for that.........was beginning to think it was me!

Any news ref a fix?

Kind Regards

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

Please could you try the following fix:

Open CartManager.pl
                  Please Search for: 'sub ContinueShopping'

At the end of this subroutine the following line is present
                  PrintPage($sHTML);

Add the following before the line:

$sHTML = "<Script Language='JavaScript'>document.location.replace('$sURL');</Script>" . $sHTML;
                  Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

I made the change but doesnt seem to having any effect. As per my previous email the perl script being called is ca000001.pl so what effect does altering CartManager.pl have........shouldn't we be editting ShoppingCart.pl?

Many thanks.

Simon

Comment

I would like to do this too and I am pretty sure we have to edit ShoppingCart.pl . . .

Haven't got any experince with perl, but there is a variable sHTML that seems to be the bounce page. . .

Hope this helps someone to come up with a solution!

Steve

Comment

Hi there

The way it works, if you click on "View Cart" and you see the address, it comes from the 'ca00000x.pl' script, which you rightly say comes from "ShoppingCart.pl". However when you click on "Continue", you should see when it bounces it uses the 'cm00000x.pl' script, which uses the "CartManager" script, hence the reason for the fix to be done here, not "ShoppingCart.pl".

I'm still looking into this for you.

Kind Regards
                        Nadeem Rasool
                        SellerDeck Development

Comment

I may just be speaking for myself but I do not think this is the problem.

I have 'Quantity on Product Page' selected which looks good. However now when you add a product, you briefly see the 'shopping cart status', then get bounced back.. There is never an option to press a continue button.

I think we want 'quanity on product page', but the same 'shopping cart status' page that you get if you have 'quantity on confirmation page' set. i.e. with continue shopping, checkout buttons...

Am I making any sense??? Confusing myself now.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Ahh i see, Yes you are making sense
                            Okay what you could do, providing you shopping mode is set to "Quantity on Product Page", is in "Design | Option | Shop Default". Here make sure "Shopping Mode" is set to "Quantity on Product Page", and also set "0" (zero) for the "Bounce Page Delay".

Now when you add to cart for the "Quantity on Product Page", you will get the "View Cart".

Kind Regards
                            Nadeem Rasool
                            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Fantastic!!! So simple. . . Thanks. Hope i haven't confused the situation for everyone else..

Comment

Far from it Steve - I think you managed to bring the thread back to the original topic. Thanks - I eas just sitting here trying to work out how to word a plea that we get back to the original question.

So Nadeem, for all of us on v7 Catalog, Business or developer, change the bounce delay to 0 and the cart will stay in view and have a continue button. I'm off to try it out.
                                Bill
                                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                                X