freeze up on bb000001.pl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artisan
    I have a client with exactly the same problem, although I'm able to upload his site from my machine. The only possible cause I can see is his connection or broadband line.
    Originally posted by Nadeem
    Okay what connection you going through, a router? Is it a netgear router? If so then try changing the MTU to 1500.
    My client was indeed using a Netgear router and, after changing the MTU (and upgrading to v7.0.3 to be on the safe side), can now upload successfully

Many thanks to Nadeem and others.

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your help with this, that has sorted out that problem, and the test worked in the network test fine. I'm not getting a new problem where actinic stops responding once I start my site upload.

Any ideas why?

Cheers

Darren
      Darren Tickle
      http://www.funky-cards.co.uk

Greetings cards, and gift wrap for every occasion.

Comment

Hi Darren,

Try "Web | Refresh Website", rather than just updating the site. See if the same happens.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi

I tried that but it still get stuck on the purging stage. The program just stops responding.

Cheers

Darren
          Darren Tickle

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all your help I have now manged to get this working. Just restarted everything and it seemed to be ok.

Cheers

Darren
            Darren Tickle

Comment

seeking advice from another thread

My router is a Draytek Vigor 2600 and my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 9200 connected to the router by a wireless set up.

When I try to upload to either a actinic trial site or a clients site from within Actinic I get a message saying that 'cannot connect to server'. Firstly I allowed the actinic program in the firewall (in the end turning it off altogether just while I was trying to solve the problem) and then I even tried direct dial with the internal modem and telephone line, to cut out my router, just in case that was the problem, but it makes no difference. I have loaded the same actinic program onto an older laptop running windows 98 and that connects using dialup, which makes me think it must be something on the XP professional laptop? All my other ftp programmes go through with no problem and obviously my Explorer is working. I have 'pinged' the server to check I can communicate with it and I have sent and received packages, so that seems OK.

I have been talking to actinic and they have even emailed settings to try, so that I haven't even typed in the connection settings, but I still have the same problem, all the support people say is that they can't see what the problem is!

The error message comes up immediately, which makes me think that the programme isn't even trying to connect?

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan McFarlane
                I have been talking to actinic and they have even emailed settings to try, so that I haven't even typed in the connection settings, but I still have the same problem, all the support people say is that they can't see what the problem is!
                Did they suggest ticking "Use Passive FTP Transfers" and "Ignore Passive Transfer Errors" in Network Setup?

Malcolm
                ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
                ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Yes I have tried 'ignore passive transfer errors' checked and unchecked. Tried 'Use enhanced ftp' checked and unchecked. Still the same problem.

Comment

Hi Janet,

Answered your other thread, please have a look here: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...4659#post64659

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

freeze

Thank you Nadeem,
                      Since changing the MTU to 1500 on the router, all seems well.
                      Cheers

Comment

Hi

I am for some unknown reason now also gettting this same hang up- I changed a few product descriptions this morning but nothing else.

I have hada look at my router and MTU is already set to 1500. I have tried restarting everything and I have tried setting to enhanced FTP. But still not joy.

The servers at my ISP all appear to be in order and I have not used up anywhere near my capacity.

Any other thoughts from anyone - please?

Regards

RobMob
                        Performance Motorcare
                        Rob
                        For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Comment

UPDATE:

Have now managed to get to a stage where I get time-out messages every other file. Have set Advanced FTP timeouts to 20000 and 60000 repsectively from 5000 and 15000.

Can anyone tell me if these are still too low or if increasing them any further is likely to have any more improvement in the situation.

Many thanks

Rob
                          Rob

Comment

My latest refresh took me 2 hours of constantly accepting the time out error message on every other file.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this - it previously took less than 1 minute if even close to that.

Many thanks

Rob
                            Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

In "Advance | Network Setup", please tick "Ignore Passive Transfer Error", or if it is ticked, just untick it and try again. But when you try again, do a "Web | Refresh Website".

Kind Regards
                              Nadeem Rasool
                              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Many thanks - have tried this and we are now back up and running again.

Regards

Rob
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X