Pending Payment tab - deleted after 35 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Payment tab - deleted after 35 days

There is a warning when you click on the Payment Service Provider tab which says that orders will be automatically deleted after 35 days.

Can I presume this only applies to failed online orders?

If you use the New Order button to create an order (eg a Protx VSP Terminal order), will it stay in the Pending Payment tab until you fill in the payment details? Or will it also be automatically deleted after 35 days?

I am trying to accommodate inspection copies into actinic - where the client can keep the book for 30 days before paying - therefore the order might have to stay in the Pending Payment tab for longer than 35 days.

Any advice gratefully received

Jo

Good question, I don't know.
    However, I've NEVER had any delete themselves even after 35 days.
    I've always had to delete them manually (word of warning, a "PSP pending" order will NOT adjust stock levels until you have payment details on file (in the order) and it will then move to the "pending" orders tab but with payment pending (with me???!) showing as the payment status.
    However, if you wish to CANCEL an order in the "PSP pending" tab, watch out, as it WILL add to your stock levels when it shouldn't.
    I would say that, in your instance, surely you're going to have some card details on file as security? If they are entered into the order details in Actinic, the order will move out of the "PSP pending" tab and into the main order "pending" tab (adjusting your stock leves as it goes!) and will remain there until you can complete the order.
    Did that make *any* sense?
    I hope so! Can anyone confirm that these PSP pending orders *do* auto-delete after 35 days because mine never have?
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

Thanks for the reply Tracey.

Interesting that you have never had orders deleting themselves automatically - I wonder if there is some setting somewhere that governs this?

With regards to the payment - no - I won't get any payment details for inspection copies (they are only available to bona fide staff in educational establishments so are checked out first) unless the recipient decides to purchase the copy. (The other option is to send it back in mint condition).

As they have 30 days to make up their minds, it could well be that an inspection copies order is sitting in the Pending Payments tab for more than 35 days without any payment details - hence the importance of knowing whether it will then disappear!

Thanks again

Jo

Comment

Given that they are going to be potentially mingled in with genuine PSP pending orders, would it not be an idea to have a set of dummy card details that you can enter into the order details that would bring the order into the pending tab? (and update your stock levels in the process)
        I'd have thought they could be better monitored in the "pending" tab?
        Just my 2p worth anyway (as an ex-hire company!)
        Traceh
        Tracey

Comment

Yes - much better idea. Thanks Tracey!

I can just select eg Pending from the Status dropdown menu and then the order will move into the Pending tab.

However, it would be even better if I could make my own user-defined Status saying "Inspection Copy" and then it would stand out from the other orders - I could find them easily by looking down the Payment column

Is there any way you can define your own Status types so that you can access them from the Payment status drop-down list, do you know?

Thanks again

Jo

Comment

Hi Jo,

Is there any way you can define your own Status types so that you can access them from the Payment status drop-down list, do you know?
            Currently no, the present version will not allow you to do this. The details within the dropdown list are built within the executable, so there is no way you could change this. I will add your comments onto the wishlist or having user definable payment status, which would hopefully be looking into an ini file instead.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there

One thing that was included in Version 7 was the order Highlight Colour feature. You could use this feature for creating your own status type.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
                Hi there

One thing that was included in Version 7 was the order Highlight Colour feature. You could use this feature for creating your own status type.

Kind Regards
                That's an interesting idea, Nadeem, but I'm not sure it would help the OP in this instance, would it?
                He ideally needs a payment status that would move his orders out of the "PSP pending" status pane and into the active "pending" pane.
                It could be an additional aid to using dummy card details to get the orders to move the the "pending" window and then using colour flagging to mark them apart from regular orders though? (I do this quite a bit to flag my excessive payment received orders that are stuck in completed!)
                Tracey
                Tracey

Comment

To answer the original question:

Go to Business Settings> Payment & Security and you'll see a little box at the bottom RHS marked 'auto-delete PSP-pending Orders'. Untick the box and they'll no longer be auto deleted and the warning will disappear.

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
                    To answer the original question:

Go to Business Settings> Payment & Security and you'll see a little box at the bottom RHS marked 'auto-delete PSP-pending Orders'. Untick the box and they'll no longer be auto deleted and the warning will disappear.

Mike
                    Ooh, never noticed that one!
                    Cheers Mike!
                    Tracey

Comment

Perfect, Mike, and from a fellow Scot too!

Cheers and many thanks

Jo

Comment

alternatively - use a different payment type, one that doesn't register as PSP-Pending, then they won't get deleted... I think...
                        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
                        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
                        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
                        X