Login script intermittent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login script intermittent

Currently our main web site www.pearlstrings.com is a static site (outside of Actinic) and our Actinic store is within it. Users can login and then move around our pages with or within the store. It was set up like this because of some other issues but I am second guessing this decision. Customers are experiencing intermittent problems once they log in. Sometimes when they log in they lose all of the images (including the product images)...they are all x'd out. Sometimes they don't. This is a major problem since they need to see the product before selecting it. I can't seem to find a pattern.

My suspicion is that they are going in and out of the stores pages and the statis site and as a result, the script is getting stopped causing confusion. The user seems to stay logged in but the store pages are messed up.

What is the recommended method? Is it best for the entire site to be in Actinic using the brochure pages? Can the index page be outside of Actinic?
    Cindy

Girl Scouts of Huron Valley Council
    Ann Arbor, Michigan

Hi Cindy,

My suspicion is that they are going in and out of the stores pages and the statis site and as a result, the script is getting stopped causing confusion. The user seems to stay logged in but the store pages are messed up.
    If a customer is logged in, then the best way for them to navigate to the brochure pages or pages outside of Actinic store, is thought the following knowledge base article.
    Could you ever recreate the same issue?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Logging in

I cannot find a pattern...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It happens more if the user is jumping around from page to page (in and out of the store) but right now if you go to www.pearlstrings.com and click on login you can see all of the images are x'd out...at least they are for me.
      Cindy

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Comment

Hi Cindy,

This is because the basehref is setting the incorrect value,
        <BASE HREF="http://www.pearlstrings.com/flash/">
        Is http://www.pearlstrings.com/flash/index.html a brochure page, or your own page?

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

I suspect that is the problem. The pages that do not include product are not brochure pages...they are our own.

I added the &ACTINIC_REFERRER=... to the login script and it seems to be loading the login page correctly now. But...

There is a definite problem once the user logs in and tries to access one of the pages outside Actinic (not a brochure) page. I assume this is why Actinic has the brochure option. This is how the web site was set up before me. Do you recommend transferring pages over to brochure pages or can we make this work? I can give you a username and password if you want to log in and see.
          Cindy

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Comment

Once you are logged in, Actinic needs to stay logged in or else the session is interrupted. This means you cannot go to an external page and then back again without problems.

It might be wise to think about whether you can make the external pages brochure pages. What sort of content are they? Are they fairly basic or are they full of flash and custom design?

Comment

Working...
            X