No announcement yet.

Mystery <TBODY> tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid that doesn't work either Bill.

I've tried downloading to a Temp directory on my C: Drive, and also to a directory within a directory on my D: drive. Same results each time. Very odd.

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Yes, I just checked a couple of files on my own HD and found that the <tbody></tbody> tags are present in every table (quite impressive really that they get it right. I also found data added to the header detailing where the html doc had been saved from.

Not an advertised feature - may be worth a look for a white paper over on M$ site just to see what else they do that is not up front and in your face.

Purely academic interest - no?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Purely academic interest - no?
        Yes and no. Not too bothered about the <TBODY> tags being added, but the change of attribute for align is a bit of a worry.

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

The change to the Align value is probably just microsofts solution to making IE standards compliant. Rather than rewrite their rendering engine to use 'middle' instead of 'centre' they've decided it's just quicker to parse the code before rendering it.

When you save the code from IE then you're clearly saving the code after it's been parsed.

If you want to avoid this, get an html editor (or use notepad), preview the page and then do 'view source'. The original code will open without IE's modifications and you can then edit or save it at will.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yep, That does the trick!

Thanks,

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
            X