Other Information.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Information.........

Is there a way of increasing the amount of text/characters that Actinic allows by default to be entered in this field? I need to add a more text, but Actinic won't allows it.

Thanks

This is detailed on page 63 of the Advanced User Guide which you can download from the main Actinic site

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry I meant that text which appears above the text entry box. In Actinic Product Section under the Layout tab, their is a field which allows you to enter the text which will appear above the text entry box. How I can I increase the amount of text I can enter in this box, not the box which the user types in?

Thanks

Comment

Use a Custom Property, e.g. go to Advanced / Custom Properties and create one called EXTRAINFO

Now in your Product Template replace NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT with

CUSTOMVAR:EXTRAINFO NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT

and now whatever you enter into EXTRAINFO in Product Details / Properties will be prepended to the usual Other Info Prompt.

If you need a huge amount of such info then either use more CustomVar's or copy the product template to a new file and hard code the prompt in there, and use it only for these products.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ive followed what you said, but can i do this so that it will only show on certain pruduct pages. The only way i can see is if i was to create a`template for each product that requires alternative text.

Comment

If you have followed Normans suggestion it should work - if you don't specify the extra info against the product the field will remain blank (it may possibly leave a small space however) - ensure you specify the customvar against the product and not in the site defaults.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X