Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catastrophic Site Failure With Snapshot -//- Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok its looking good. http://www.chinalifeweb.com/acatalog/

Heres what I done.

*Uninstalled Actinic and Re-installed it afresh.

*Selected Curves as Template

*Installed the snapshot

*Copied the site one folder across

At this stage there was no difference in result and it still looked as messed up as the error.gif screenshot shown

*I then selected Design->Options->Misc->Unticked compact html/cgi

At this point I had the duplicate header, logo and unwanted footer.

*I went to the template editor and selected header and deleted its contents.

*I done the same for the footer. This got it back to its previous state.

*I then compacted the html and cgi again and it worked!

However when I uploaded it I got a notice box come up saying I was missing netquotevars from header and footer. Not ideal but hey its working again!!

I still dont understand why I had to do all that and the question that comes from it all is this; How do I export my sites to be loaded on other computers without it messing up again? It seems to me that snapshots are pretty unreliable!

Comment

From your description above, you have coded all the header and footer information into the main Act_Primary or Act_BrochurePrimary templates - this means your site will never copy across properly.

Best thing to do is within Program Files/Actinic V7/Formats/Curves find the Act_header and Act_footer html files and copy them back into your site1 directory. Then move your header and footer code out of the Primary Template and if necessary into the header and footer templates. If there is something in those that you dont want, surround it with comment tags <!-- at the start and --> at the end, and it will be ignored when building the html.

If your site is built the standard Actinic way, the standard actinic snapshot WILL work.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ah I C. I have to put my header and footer in. Damn Actinic and its round about way of doing things. One overall design template file would make things alot easier. For me anyway.

Ok I'll make with the system and try a snapshot on another install/computer. Hopefully all will be well.

Thanks guys. You Golden

Comment

Error

Hi Manic
          Just a longshot but in your screen shot the norton internet security message bar is there. That bar stops all active content showing until you click on it and tell it to let it pass.
          Like i said you probably already know this but i had same trouble with norton.

Comment

Working...
          X