embedded html vanishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

embedded html vanishes

hi, can't find much on this in the forums - is it a known bug?

when I copy paste in some code into the Full Description box on the General Product Details tab and then click APPLY, the code vanishes and I have nothing left.

Sometimes it vanishes when I just change the price

Needless to say this is frustrating - as I have to keep a separate notepad file for each of the descriptions, as there is no "Undo" button.

Any thoughts? Cheers, MJ.

Hello,

Do you put !!< and >!! before and after your html code ?
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

There has been a report that you must click "Apply" after doing a click and paste to get the text to 'hold'. If you think about it, it does sort of make sense.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Does your field, by any chance, contain only escaped HTML and nothing else? If so, try including some characters outside of the !!< >!!, even if it's just a newline.

Comment

thanks for the help

Hi William

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          There has been a report that you must click "Apply" after doing a click and paste to get the text to 'hold'. If you think about it, it does sort of make sense.
          It's when I click Apply that the vanishing occurs.

I do use the !!< and >!!, and have tried having some code outside of those tags as well - same result. I've tried sticking in a space at the top of the description before hitting Apply, that seems to work for the moment.

MJ

Comment

Hi Mark

Can you please tell me what version you are running of Actinic and what the code you are putting in? Just want to recreate the issue

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X