smtp problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smtp problems

I've just swopped over my Actinic site to a new server with the same ISP. When I do a network settings test in Actinic it is coming up with the following error:

The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again.

I then get another one saying:

Mail Server Messages - Connect Failed connection timed out.

Now I went ahead and uploaded the site anyway and the only problem i am getting is that I'm not getting an email to tell me that an order has been placed and presumably if any errors occur I won't recieve email notice of that either so I do need to get this sorted out.

I have set the mail (SMTP) server to the same as previous because this hasn't changed.

Does anyone know how I fix this?

Thanks

Dawn

who is your ISP and what SMTP are you using

Comment

Hi Jo,

My ISP is Plusnet and the smtp is: relay.plus.net

Dawn

Comment

I don't really know anything about Plusnet so I suggest you contact Plusnet to see if the new server is different, or the SMTP has changed

Comment

As far as I know it hasn't changed because I'm able to send and recieve emails with that address.

Thanks

Dawn

Comment

Hi there

Its possible the server has been changed, so you would need to supply a username and password to send an email to the server. Have you contacted Plus net to see if this is the case?

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

I'll look into that.

Thanks
              Dawn

Comment

Working...
              X