Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No available stock - can't back order.

Hi, quick one I hope.
    I'm just adding stock to my site, but I have noticed that when there is no stock available on a product it can't be back ordered. It just says "out of stock", which is fine, but I still want customers to have the option of waiting for their product. How do I change this please?
    Thanks, Guy.

presumably you have the stock control enabled then (typed that and then thought, dur..lol)
    Anyway, you can change the product settings to suspend orders when stock levels fall below a certain amount (I use this for some products that I order in but usually have stock of)
    Where you enter your current stock levels, (I've closed down Actinic for the night so can't be precise about this) there are 3 entries.
    I believe one is stock on hand, one is the suspend level and the other is... well, I've no idea but you get the idea!
    Anyway, if you change this "suspend" level to minus something or another, it *should* allow customers to order it.
    HTH
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

Thank you for the response. I have tried setting the suspend level to a minus, but no effect unfortunately. But your right, that's how it should be done.

Trouble is, when I view the stock screen, there is a column called suspend. On reading the help screen, I found out that the number in these columns must be in square brackets in order to be controlled via the business settings screen.

....Well mine are not in brackets, and there are far to many products to go through individually changing them!

Can anyone suggest a quick method to change this please?
      Thankyou.

Comment

Can you not just change the default suspend value in business setting/options?

I assume this would then affect every product-although I havn't tried it

Mick

Comment

Yeah, that should work...but as I said, for some reason this has no effect what so ever.

As I said, when you go into "stock" it brings up a table of all products, the far right column is called suspend. All the numbers in this column need to be in brackets in order for them to be controlled via the "business settings". Unfortunately mine don't and I have no idea how to get them back.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Just tried it on my site-and it does work

Business setting/options "default suspend orders if below" set this to -1

Now when I check each individual item the default suspend order is now showing -1 for all products

Have you manually changed the item suspend value in the individual stock control?

Mick

Comment

Hi Mick
              That's how it should work. But if you click on your "stock control" button (can't remember what it's called to be honest as not in Actinic right now), it brings up a table of your products, look at the far right column. All your numbers in this column will look like this [-1], the brackets mean you can control this suspend level via the business settings, as you are doing.

Unfortunately, mine don't have the brackets for some reason, which means I can't control them via this method. What I need to find out, is how I put the brackets back without going into every single product individually.
              Cheers

Guy.

Comment

Right gotcha-I know where you are now Guy.

Mine are all in brackets, and it is working correctly.

I have no idea what you can do now-something must have been changed I guess.

Over to someone who knows what they are talking about

Mick

Comment

Thanks for trying Mike!

Guy.

Comment

Hi Guy

From what you have been talking with Mick, please could you show me some screenshots on the stocks, and what not showing up.

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hey Nadeem. Hope your well.

Thanks, I can send you a screen shot later today, not at my pc at the moment.

But, if it helps, I read in the "help" screens within Actinic, searching under "stock", that the numbers in the suspend column withing the stock screen, must be in brackets to be controlled via the "business settings".

Mine aren't. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me any more

Guy.

Comment

This is the problem area
                        Attached Files

Comment

That's spot on! cheers Mike. (except mine has no brackets of course)

Comment

Hi Guy,

I see what going on, on your earlier thread you written:
                            Unfortunately, mine don't have the brackets for some reason, which means I can't control them via this method. What I need to find out, is how I put the brackets back without going into every single product individually.
                            Where they there before? If you don't know, then the easiest way of getting the suspend below, is to use an flat file import. If you have a heading for suspend, then you could import the flat file into Actinic. This may be the easiest thing to do.

Kind Regards
                            Nadeem Rasool
                            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Ok, I think this was because I had some work done and the flat file that was imported, caused it.

Can I export my site to a flat file, then adjust it and re-import it??
                              ..and how please?

Thanks Nadeem!

Comment

Working...
                              X