Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me, Script error on new layout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me, Script error on new layout.

Hi there I own a website called www.virgofashions.com and I have just changed to the one product per page layout. I have not updated the website yet due to there showing a script error in actinic. It says: an error has occured in the script on this page, line 105,char33,syntax error,code 0, file://C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML\P_index.html. It then says do you want to continue running scripts on this page. It also repeats the same message , it pops up again saying line 126, char 25.

I copied what was said in the advanced user guide. and i use actinic developer 7.0 and norcat v4.3.35.

Also does anyone have a quicker solution to having a thumbnail image on the section page of the products before you click into them? I would have thought it would be s_departments_dresses-004380 or s_departments_dresses-long_flower_dress (If that was the description for the product). At the moment I have to put the thumbnail picture in via actinic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by virgofashions
    an error has occured in the script on this page, line 105,char33,syntax error,code 0,
    You probably have a typo somewhere in the new code you have inserted - go through each of the new lines you have added to make sure all is correct - often colons and semi-colons are the culprit if copying from the PDF

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

try this

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ed+script+page

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Hi there guys thanks for the replys. I have checked the coding on the p_index file and I can't find a script error in it. All I changed to change the layout was act_productbody , act_productline and act_productseperator. I followed the advanced user guide instructions exactly. Is there anyone able to maybe check the files over for me. I do not mind there being a fee involved as I am going away on saturday and I wanted to convert the website before I go away. Please reply or email me at virgoltd@hotmail.co.uk if they would be intrested in doing this for me. A quote from you gusy would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

If you post the three templates here I'm sure one of us will find the problem.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have uploaded the three files below

Thanks for the reply, I have uploaded the three files below

Comment

No files attached.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Here they are

I think this sill work now. I put them into a zip file. Im new at this so forgive my ignorance.
                Attached Files

Comment

No errors to be seen in thr two product templates so far. You need to give us Act_ProductSeperator.html instead of Act_SectionSeparator.

BUT - if you are doing this to get a section list of individual pages with one product per page, then you need to be aware that this patch is intended for showing multiple products on one page - laid out in columns.
                  Bill

Comment

Im a bit confused???????

Hi there Thankyou for looking at the files. I am not sure what you meant when u said about the laying products out in multiple columns. I basicly want my website to display the prooducts on a seperate page per product with thumbnails of the product before you click into it, like www.squeakybee.co.uk.

The reason for this change is due to pages taking too long to download with the quality/size of the images I am using. I tried sacificing quality before and i paid the consequences. Am I editing my pages for the wrong thing?

Thankyou so much again for your help on this

Regards James@www.virgofashions.com
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've got a suspicion this is only an error that is thrown up by IE. If you run the site in FF there are no errors.

I know there is a resolution to this buried in this forum somewhere, it may take some digging to find it though

Comment

James - #10 You do not need to do this edit to show a section page with smaller product pictures. (thumbnails)

If you have not downloaded the Advanced Guide from Actinic's download page, go and get it now

Look on page 24 for 'Creating a page of thumbnail links'.

BTW - there is no error in the ProductSeperator code either.

@Jo #11 - I have a niggle on this one too. I think the solution was to fully qualify the script statement (i.e. <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">) but I cannot find the reference posts.
                        Bill

Comment

Thankyou wjcampbe for the last reply

I am not sure what to do now, I have edited pages that did not need editing. I have the originals in a backup folder. Should I start again with the old files ie act_productline,act_productbody,act_productseperator. On page 22 under creating a page of thumbnail section links, how do I get the sub section of each product, is it via norcat?

At the moment there are subsections on each product but on bessellers and new in etc which are sections made from top2toe product notes the pictures appear as normal, all underneath one another rather than by product thumbnails.

Thanks again to all of you with your help given

Below is a screenshot of what my actinic looks like at the moment.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You are basically there as far as the section page goes.

The path should not appear against your image. If you save all your images in the site1 folder and use the browse button to select the images, you should only see the image file name with no path.
                            As it is, when you upload there will be an error as the webserver tries to find that path within your website.

The only thing you may want to do is create a smaller copy of your product images to use as the section image, so that the section page loads quicker.

Once a user clicks one of your section page links, he should find a buy now button on the next page. If you have a more info/larger image option, it should be additional to the ability to buy on the less detailed page.

Here is a screenshot of my own section pages, just to confirm.

Hope this helps.
                            Attached Files
                            Bill

Comment

James,

You are using Norcat to generate your import file so all images should be in PreviewHTML as this is where Norcat looks for them.
                              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                              X