Protocol 2.22.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

There will be a patch released for v6 shortly, but I cannot provide you with a concrete date as yet, this may take upto 3 weeks. I will update this thread as and when I have a date.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

Any news on that patch yet?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

The patch for v6 is available for download @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm , click on 'Payment Gateway Updates'. You can download the appropriate v6 PSP.exe and run it once downloaded. You will have to refresh your site once done.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
          Yes, it is possible to upgrade 7.0.2 to 7.0.5 by downloading the patch, and then running it. Make sure you make a snapshot of the site before doing the upgrade and keep in a secure place, incase you need it.

If you are looking at upgrading to 7.0.5 only for Protocol 2.22 of PROTX, I would suggest downloading the latest PSPSetup.exe and running it on your system to enable 7.0.2 to support this protocol. You can download the latest PSPsetup.EXE file from here.
          Bruce, "here" isn't there anymore and I can't find the 7.0.5 patch on the support site. Can I assume that if I want protocol 2.22 I just upgrade to 7.0.6?
          John

Comment

Its back there now to download. You can also upgrade to 7.0.6.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Has anyone using protx been setup for 'Verified for Visa' yet?

BMS are asking me if I need to use their Internet Authentification Service or if I have my own (ie. protx). is this included with protx? or is it an optional extra? or do I have to go with the BMS option?

(I'm still waiting for a reply from protx, just wondered if anyone here knew...)
              John

Comment

It is an optional - no cost - extra with Protx - but dependent on who you bank with.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

just to be clear, are you saying that 3Dsecure (verfied for visa/securecode) is a free optional extra, or that the IAS service is a free optional extra (as part of 3d secure)?
                  John

Comment

I am saying that it is a free optional service provided by Protx (see this page http://www.protx.com/smallbusiness/05_vbv.asp ). BMS and IAS never enter the picture. (Unless one of those is your bank?)
                    Bill

Comment

BMS is my bank.

I asked protx to set me up for 3d secure; they said to go to BMS and ask them to set it up at there end first then when that is done protx will set the rest up at their end. But BMS is asking where my "Internet Authentification Service" will be - do I want to host it with them (at £250 software + £50 setup fee + £10/month), or is it supplied by PROTX?

I have no idea what it is or if protx supplies it or not - but I need to know the answer before BMS will set their bit up... just thought that if anyone else had been through the set up they would know the answer...
                      John

Comment

Maybe read their letter again. Are they really asking about Internet Authentication Service (a Microsoft protocol for establishing secure identification across the web) or are they asking whether you have set up an Acquiring Bank Service (the people who move the money from the customers bank to yours)?

In other words - if you are currently using Protx, who do they hand the transactions off to? In my case it is Streamline, who then handle the actual transfer into my Royal Bank of Scotland account.
                        Bill

Comment

Answer from PROTX, for anyone else who is planning to sign up - "You are using the Protx Internet Authentification Service and not the Barclays Merchant Services one"
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
                            Bruce, "here" isn't there anymore and I can't find the 7.0.5 patch on the support site. Can I assume that if I want protocol 2.22 I just upgrade to 7.0.6?
                            Bruce, I too need the PSPSetup.exe file I think, but I can't find it again.

We're running v7.0.4 and Protx have just enabled 3D Secure on our account, so I need to run v2.22 of protocol. I emailed Actinic support back in July and was told to simply change the version number from 2.20 to 2.22 in the OccProtxScriptTemplate.pl file (support ticket 81638). From what you have said earlier though I should run the updated PSPSetup.exe file or upgrade to v7.0.6 (which I don't want to do because we have a modified OrderScript.pl file).

So which of the three options below will work?

1) only change the version number in the existing OccProtxScriptTemplate.pl file (as instructed by Actinic support)

2) run the v7 PSPSetup.exe to update the protocol to v2.22 on my v7.0.4 system

3) upgrade to v7.0.6 - which I really don't want to do because of the large amount of bespoking done to our site when it was developed.

I'm hoping you will say (1) or (2) above will fix things! If (2) can you put that file back for me to download please?

Cheers,
                            Des
                            Des Crocker

http://www.dots4strings.com - modern & classical string quartet arrangements

Comment

Bruce, I too need the PSPSetup.exe file I think, but I can't find it again.
                              file is here - http://support.actinic.co.uk/~bksupp...g/PSPsetup.EXE

I'll leave the other questions for Bruce though...

Jumping back up the thread a bit, I have finally been configured for 3D secure - but I don't have a verified for visa or mastercard to test it with.

So in addition to the 20% off coupon listed elsewhere on this board, I will give another coupon worth £5.00 off any future order to anyone who places an order using a 'verified for visa' or the mastercard equivalent and confirms that it works.

Site : www.crazydaves.co.uk
                              Coupon : ActinicForum (case sensitive)
                              John

Comment

Option 2 will be the best.

Kind regards,
                                Bruce King
                                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                                X