Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to Basket button diappeared

Hi Folks

Back again! I've had our site live with the Online Ordering box unchecked, so that there is no add to basket button - its essentially been a product catalogue

Now I'm ready to go live, and I've checked the 'Allowed' box (Business Settings > Ordering) but the Add to basket button is still missing.

Does anyone have any idea how to get it back?

Kind Regards
    Mark

Check you also don't have ordering suspended under View | Bus Settings | Ordering

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Check you also don't have ordering suspended under View | Bus Settings | Ordering
      Hi

The 'Allowed' box is ticked, the 'Suspended' box is not. Its a tad strange as I remember activating it a while back to test the Payment procedure worked OK and it worked fine, I then disabled it so no-one could use the checkout 'til the site was ready.

Now I've gone back to it and enabled it again, the add to basket button won't appear!

Bloody technology!

Comment

Try clearing your cache and press shift then F5 on the site to force a refresh.

More problems like this are caused by the site being cache than not
        Visit http://www.wonderlandparty.co.uk for Fancy Dress Costumes and Accessories. Possibly the largest choice available on the Net

Comment

Originally posted by jasper2002
          Try clearing your cache and press shift then F5 on the site to force a refresh.

More problems like this are caused by the site being cache than not
          Hi

I'll give it a whirl, but the add to basket button is not showing in the offline preview within Actinic, so it looks like a problem within Actinic as opposed to the browser.

I'll report back shortly!
          Mark

Comment

Hello again

Tried refreshing the site but it hasn't made a difference. As I mentioned, it doesn't show within Actinic, so Actinic won't send it to the server. D'oh!

Any more ideas anyone?

Mark

Comment

Look in the file Act_ProductLine.html for
              <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>

If it is not there then it should go beneath
              NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>
              Visit http://www.wonderlandparty.co.uk for Fancy Dress Costumes and Accessories. Possibly the largest choice available on the Net

Comment

Also in Design --> Options make sure there is not a tick in the Single Add to Cart Button Per Page, and that Add to Cart Button is set to image and should say addtocart.gif

Comment

Originally posted by jasper2002
                  Look in the file Act_ProductLine.html for
                  <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>

If it is not there then it should go beneath
                  NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>
                  Hi

Yes, that line is in there. Aaarrrggghhh! Any further ideas?

Mark

Comment

Looking at the source code on a page you have

<Actinic:ACTIONS></Actinic:ACTIONS>

and nothing in between them.

The same section on our site has

<Actinic:ACTIONS><Actinic:TEMPLATE type="begin" filename="t:\Wonderland\Act_CartButtonImage.html"/>
                    <!-- CartButtonImage HTML begin -->
                    <!-- This template is used for the add to cart button image. -->
                    <P><INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="addtocart.gif" NAME="22334"
                    WIDTH="140" HEIGHT="25" BORDER="0" ALT="Add To Cart"></P>

<!-- This template is used for the add to cart button image. -->
                    <!-- CartButtonImage HTML end -->
                    <Actinic:TEMPLATE type="end" filename="t:\Wonderland\Act_CartButtonImage.html"/></Actinic:ACTIONS>

You may need to check the contents of the Act_CartButtonImage.html file as it appears that something may have happened in there.

Also when you click on the View Basket text it shows a different template for the cart. It may be that the image from the one template is not in the other

Comment

Have you checked that 'Can Be Ordered Online' is selected for your products? And that the prices within the 'Prices' tab are enabled (if you are using Business/Developer) ?

Also, you can try going to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and do a 'Web Site Purge and Refresh' which will remove any faulty cat and fil files that can sometimes cause a problem.

Failing that, I suggest you register a support email request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and one of the team can check out your snapshot.

Comment

Many thanks for your suggestions, sorry I haven't replied sooner. We've just moved offices and everything is completely upside down!

I'll try out your suggestions and get back soon!

Thanks for your help so far....
                        Mark

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks, I feel like such a pillock! None of the products were selected as 'Can be ordered online'. I sort of expected them to be orderable by default.

Anyway it works now, however I have another problem if you can help!

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16602

Kind Regards
                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X