Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montoid
    My section links are rollover buttons
    As these are static hand-coded links down the left hand side I would be inclined to use a <li> list combined with CSS... this would then allow for natural text links to the sections (rather than text on buttons) and you can set the background colour to change on the a:hover state .... using text will help with SERP no end.

Very nice looking site BTW ... love the colour palate chosen, works very well.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

On the advanced user guide page 37 regarding this list box
      any chance one of the developers can actually paste in the correct code for the section between the <HEAD> tags?

ive typed it in, and its not working, read through all the posts here, i get an error when i preview the site, so it must be a typo error

Cheers!

Comment

Gavin,

Here you go
        Place the following function within the <HEAD></HEAD> tags in Act_Primary.html.

<!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW -->

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
        <!--
        //ACT_ListBox(ar)
        //ar= Section array name, returns a string containing the HTML for the SELECT listbox.

function ACT_ListBox(ar)
        {
        var strIDs = '<SELECT SIZE="' + ar.length + '" NAME="ACT_lstbox" onClick="if(options[selectedIndex].value) window.location.href=(options[selectedIndex].value)">'
        var sel = ' SELECTED'
        for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
        {
        strIDs += '<OPTION ' + sel + ' VALUE="' + ar[i].sURL + '">' + ar[i].sName + '</OPTION>'
        sel = ''
        }
        strIDs+='</SELECT>'
        return strIDs
        }
        //-->
        </script>

And then the following code where you want the list box to appear:

<FORM>
        <script language=Javascript1.2>
        document.write(ACT_ListBox(sections) + "<BR>")
        </script>
        </FORM>
        Regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Excellent Bruce, am sure many people on the forum will be grateful for that

Any chance of posting the code for the drop-down list on page36 of the advanced users guide?

Comment

Gavin,

Page 36 of hte AUG
            Creating a Drop-Down List Containing the Top-Level Sections and Sub Sections
            This exercise will insert a drop-down list containing a list of sections and subsections (to three levels of depth) into the HTML of your store. As soon as a customer selects a section, they will jump to it.

Paste the following code within the <HEAD></HEAD> tags of your Overall Layout template.

<!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW -->

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
            <!--
            /***********************************************************************
            * ACT_DropListBox - returns a string containing the HTML for the SELECT listbox
            ************************************************************************/

function ACT_DropListBox(ar)
            {
            var strIDs = '<SELECT SIZE="1" NAME="ACT_droplstbox" onClick="if(options[selectedIndex].value) window.location.href=(options[selectedIndex].value)">';
            var sel = " SELECTED"
            strIDs += '<OPTION ' + sel + ' VALUE="">Select a Section</OPTION>';
            for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
            {
            if (ar[i].sURL !=null)
            {
            strIDs += '<OPTION VALUE="' + ar[i].sURL + '">' + ar[i].sName + '</OPTION>';
            {
            if (ar[i].pChild)
            {
            for (var j=1;j<=ar[i].pChild.length;j++)
            {
            strIDs += '<OPTION VALUE="' + ar[i].pChild[j].sURL + '">' + '- ' + ar[i].pChild[j].sName + '</OPTION>';
            {
            if (ar[i].pChild[j].pChild)
            {
            for (var k=1;k<=ar[i].pChild[j].pChild.length;k++)
            {
            strIDs += '<OPTION VALUE="' + ar[i].pChild[j].pChild[k].sURL + '">' + '- - ' + ar[i].pChild[j].pChild[k].sName + '</OPTION>';
            }
            }
            }
            }
            }
            }
            }
            }
            strIDs+='</SELECT>'
            return strIDs
            }
            //-->
            </SCRIPT>

Then paste the following code where you want the drop-down list to appear.

<form name="Act_SectionDroplist">
            <script language=Javascript1.1>document.write(ACT_DropListBox(section_tree))</script>
            </form>

If you are including the section list form items within the bulk of a page, you will need to precede them with the following line:

</FORM>

and then enter the following lines after the form code:

<FORM METHOD=NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIURL">
            <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
            This is to ensure the continuation of the main store page form either side of the special section drop-down form.
            Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Cheers Bruce.
              Thanks for posting the "correct" code, its difficult sometimes to read the code from a printout, and i am sure you can appreciate that errors happen because of typo errors lol

Far easier, when you can copy and paste the code over

Comment

Sorry to be such a pain here
                Is there any chance you can paste the code for

Page 34-Creating a drop-down list containg the top-level sections

Also, is there a place I can copy the code myself? I looked on the actinic knowledge site but could not find anything relevant.

Cheers, and sorry to be a pain again!!

Comment

On the Actinic download site, http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm there are two versions of the Advanced User Guide - one pdf (which causes problems for people who cut and paste the code) and one MS Word (which does not have the line wrap problem that the pdf file has and is therefore perfect for copying and pasting code).
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Cheers Bill... Didnt see the Word Document version - just the job!

Comment

Working...
                    X