No announcement yet.

duplicate product issue with value not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, still no joy, i have just reinstalled actinic as well.
    There must be a bug in actinic and custom propertys.
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Identical problem with customvars here too

Following hard disk failure and computer rebuilding/reinstalling etc. I installed 7.0.5 and imported a pre-disaster snapshot.

I have original products hidden and duplicate products in various other sections (site not yet live). In version 7.0.4, it was possible to edit and specify additional custom properties on the duplicate product. In 7.0.5 the custom properties for the duplicate are greyed out. The help-file however, says that properties can still be edited at the duplicates!

If a custom property is retro-specified (i.e. after the duplicates are created) it will work for the original product and appear in the greyed out properties tab of the duplicates, but its value will not show even in the preview box or when uploaded to test site... yes, I have got the customvar in the template! If the custom property is specified when the duplicate is created it works fine! It's a bit of a bugger if you edit a custom property after you have created many duplicates, because the only way to get the new custom property to upload is to go to the duplicates, cut them and re-paste.

A wee bug perhaps?

Version 7.0.5 FJBA Developer
      Windows XP Pro 2002 (SP2)

Before posting, I tried installing a fresh copy of 7.0.5 (eval mode) on a completely different computer (also running XP pro 2002 SP2) and had exactly the same problem in the default store.

Comment

Hi, it looks like i will have to deleate all my duplicates and re create them, what a waste of time, i am allready over a week behind since noting this problem.
        Actinic have copied over the existing data for me but this i will need to change in the future. I guess i could just carry on for now and hope a future update comes out that address's this issue before i have to deleate them all.
        I am only upgrading to V7 because of the duplicate product feature.

Wesley
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi Wesley,

Development are investigating this issue, there is a bug here somewhere that is causing the UI to correctly read the product CUSTOMVAR's from the main product but site generation is using the duplicates and CUSTOMVAR's are not maintained for the duplicates. Will post back and let you know if there is a fix for this or a workaround they can come up with.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Wesley,

FYI, the duplicate custom properties work fine in version 7.0.4. They update when you change the values at the master and you can also specify custom properties at the duplicate too. If development don't come up with a fix or work-around you could revert to 7.0.4; although a number of issues were fixed with the release of 7.0.5 as listed here:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/referrer/changes.htm

Comment

hi, thanks for that, i think i will stick with 7.05 as i have just spent some time upgrading my site and all my custom template and scripts etc.
              Funy how it worked fine in the previous 7.04 and now broken in 7.05.
              Wes
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi Wesley,

This is a bug that was a result of fixing an issue with the Dupliactes UI in v7.0.4. Development are looking at patching a fix at the earliest. Will keep you posted.
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi, ok thanks for that will keep my finger crossed.
                  Wesley
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
                  X