Stock levels do not always decrement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pauline,

Once you download an order, the stock levels are adjusted within the catalog. On updating the site, the new stock levels are updated by adjusting the online stock to the new levels indicated. Say for example you have downloaded an order for a particular product, the stock on the product is reduced by 1, update the site and the same happens online, say the order was canceled and you deleted the order line, the stock then gets updated on the catalog by adding the cancelled line back to the existing stock, you will need to update to reflect this change online.

You could check out the Help Topics under the Help Menu for more ( but not much more ) information on this.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

It has nothing to do with up loading (re Since the online pages are static HTML and not Dynamic, it requires that you download and then upload for the stock quantities to be updated on the online store.

The problem I have described relates to orders which are payment pending, and are then processed. If you ship the order and then confirm payment received it does not decrement the stock. However, if you confirm payment (remember this is a payment pending order) at that point it decrements the stock. You have to do a payment pending order in the right order otherwise it doesn't work.

Now I know its fine!!

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Barkess
        Hi Bruce

It has nothing to do with up loading (re Since the online pages are static HTML and not Dynamic, it requires that you download and then upload for the stock quantities to be updated on the online store.

The problem I have described relates to orders which are payment pending, and are then processed. If you ship the order and then confirm payment received it does not decrement the stock. However, if you confirm payment (remember this is a payment pending order) at that point it decrements the stock. You have to do a payment pending order in the right order otherwise it doesn't work.

Now I know its fine!!

Steven
        Hi Bruce & Steven,

This is confusing me - all my orders are payment pending, but my stock is decrementing on download with no problem, and Bruce's response confirms how I thought it worked. Steven, are you talking about v7 when you enter an order offline? Cheers, Pauline
        Pauline Walton
        www.towcho.com
        the towel that thinks it's a poncho

Comment

Steve,

Do you change the payment type from PSP Pending to something like Offline Credit Card before shipping, I think that you probably should to get the stock control to work.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Steve,

Can you tell me if this is always the case with your pending payment orders? The stock decrement should happen immaterial of wether you accept payment first or ship.

Would appreciate it if other users can also comment to this thread to confirm if this is happening to them too. If it is then it looks like a bug to me.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

There actually might be an explanation for
              If you ship the order and then confirm payment received it does not decrement the stock. However, if you confirm payment (remember this is a payment pending order) at that point it decrements the stock. You have to do a payment pending order in the right order otherwise it doesn't work.
              Logically you do not ship a payment pending order unless you have received payment for the consignment, not very healthy to ship and then expect payment
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                Hi Pauline,

Once you download an order, the stock levels are adjusted within the catalog. On updating the site, the new stock levels are updated by adjusting the online stock to the new levels indicated. Say for example you have downloaded an order for a particular product, the stock on the product is reduced by 1, update the site and the same happens online, say the order was canceled and you deleted the order line, the stock then gets updated on the catalog by adding the cancelled line back to the existing stock, you will need to update to reflect this change online.

You could check out the Help Topics under the Help Menu for more ( but not much more ) information on this.

Kind regards,
                Thanks everyone for your help....

Cheers,

pauline
                Pauline Walton
                www.towcho.com
                the towel that thinks it's a poncho

Comment

Working...
                X