Restoring from a reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill
    tried all the above and still unable to remove the read only flag. In fact i have ooked at the microsoft knowledge base and it states that windows ignores te read only flag for folders. it sugggests a workaround of chnging the attribute via the cmd prompt and attrib cmd but i ave never had to mess abt like that before with actinic. i am trying to get some it support next week on this, but perhaps you cld check the microsoft knowlege base to see what you think. i searched for "caanot remove read only flag". sorry for typos but v tired now...
    Pam
    Pam

Comment

Hi Pam,

Can you try a reinstall again. This time after you uninstall Actinic, go into C:\Program Files and delete the Actinic Ecommerce v4 folder. Re-install v4 and once done, copy only the contents of the Site1 from the CD into the Site1 folder under the Actinic v4 installation in Program Files. Now try opening Actinic to see if the old Site appears instead of teh default.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi
        No didnt work. However, I found an old version of my catalogue from april 2004, so I tried installing that and hey presto, it worked. So I still do not know why the recently saved version would not work but at least I am back up and running now. Just have to apply my changes since last april. By the way the site1 and site folders are still read only. So that must be a red herring and not the problem.
        thanks, Pam
        Pam

Comment

Working...
        X