No announcement yet.

Search engine help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Title Tag : Loft Ladder [you currently have: <TITLE> Browns Ladders & Ceilings. Loft Ladders</TITLE>]

ALTFOCMED, How do I modify this title? Sorry, I only know the basics of Actinic.

Regards,

Lorretta

Comment

Search engine help

I noticed that when I search on a single keyword I cannot find my site coming up very well but as soon as I put longer phrases in the search I show up quicker. Also my company name/site name comes up first always on all search engines but in the beginning, before I did pay per click I came up pretty at the top on general Google searches and as soon as I subsribed to pay per click my general search results worstened.
      I have now stopped pay per click alltogether.
      I have bought my on directory and offer free listings to all small and smallish businesses. I just ask for a link back.
      Often I get requests from new sites for a link back to improve their own ratings, which is strategic linking.
      It does work but I got so many requests that I have not got the time for that anymore, hence my directory where you can just place your own link. The best way to beat the big engines is to ignore them, don't pay their charges, they will have to list you high if your pages change often, if you have lots of links exchanges and so on.
      Also it helps to put into each Actinic shopping category detailed item descriptions and key words. Also my directory works on key words and descriptions and people can also improve their results by ratings and click throughs, all this is for free. My directory is serviced by all big engines.
      Whizz Shop
      http://www.whizz.uk.com

Comment

Yahoo slurp behaves much the same way as google bot Dek - so inclusion in overture PPC or Yahoo directory does not influence spidering by Yahoo [i.e. you don't have to subscribe to either and yahoo slurp will get to you]. If your website is linked Yahoo will find it regardless of other activity, though as previously written there are indications that "unofficialy2 inclusion in the Yahoo directory does seem to carry some favour in positioning [post spidering].
        http://www.alternativefocusmedia.com
        Web services to the UNFCCC, Arts Council, SME and Retail. Web Marketing and SEO / SEM Services
        TEL: +44 (0)1636 706222

Comment

Working...
        X