Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem syncing order manager and my version of Actinic

Hi,

This is my first time posting to the forum. I am setting up a website and we have gotten pretty far.

My client just ordered Order Manager. We had a problem with the versions not matching.

After talking with support, I upgraded to V. 7.0.5.1.0.0 FJBA and generated a site snapshot, which I emailed to my customer.

Supposedly, after importing this file, it should have set up his version of Actinic with the same initial parameters as I am using.

My client now says:

I uninstalled/reinstalled the Actinic software this morning and did the "import site" with the file you sent and still get the exact same error: "The server scripts are incompatible this version of Actinic.....the two version of Actinic must be upgraded to the same version.". The error still reports that I have version 7 FJBA and the server version is reported to be 7 FBIA. I went to the help menu again and select the menu "about" and the version I have reports "7.0.5.1.0.1.FJBA".

Is there a different version that I need to download? I see that he si 7.0.5.1.0.1 and I am 7.0.5.1.0.0

Where do I download that?

Hi Suzanne

What you need to do on your PC is

1) In Actinic, go to 'Help | Troubleshooting'
    2) Click the 'Web Site Purge and Refresh' button at the bottom of it.
    3) Select 'Delete Perl Files and restore from Original Folder' and 'Delete .cat and .fil files'
    4) Click 'Delete and Refresh'.

This will temporarily mean that customers won't be able to shop at your store during the duration of the upload, but it should restore everything back to working order, and the orders can be downloaded successfully by your client.

Comment

Thanks and now another question

Oh, that worked!

Okay, now, I read this in the upgrades list for the new version:

PayPal has been renamed to 'PayPal Website Payments', and is now the default PSP in new installations of Actinic. a_occ/553

It appears that we can use PayPal to process our credit cards directly. At least, this is what seems to be happening with my customer. Unfortunately I can't see what is happening on his end to verify this. But here's what he said:

-- He has PayPal Pro, by the way

-- We have the site set up to pay by Paypal and by Visa/Mastercard with those orders supposed to pass through to him to process manually.

-- He says that when he chose Visa and entered a credit card that PAYPAL processed the order.

Is this right? Is that how the PayPal Pro works? I mean, if so Awesome! But it seems like I should have had to configure something in Actinic to make that happen...like linking the Visa payment option to his Paypal account somehow and as far as I know, I didn't.

Comment

Hi Suzanne

FYI I have moved your questions to this new thread as they are now separate to the 7.0.5 launch. Hope that's OK.

Comment

Is this right? Is that how the PayPal Pro works? I mean, if so Awesome! But it seems like I should have had to configure something in Actinic to make that happen...like linking the Visa payment option to his Paypal account somehow and as far as I know, I didn't.
          When you have PayPal as a payment option all you need to do is to click on Configure Method and enter the MerchantID into the required field. Actinic actually does not support PayPal Pro, but on reaching the paypal website the customer is usually offered the choice of using their PayPal account (if they have one) or choose to pay by credit card, either way, the payment is processed by PayPal and the merchant receives a notification of the payment. You do not need to link the credit card option to his PayPal account.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X