Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TraceyG
    Hi,

Our development team have taken a look at the error that is being displayed:

It means, the domain name of the sender is not the same as the SMTP server
    or the merchant's server is not in the same network as the SMTP server. This is why it says it must be logged in using SMTP Authentication, to permit the relay.

I'm waiting for a response from the development team to see if we can remove the error reporting, however, if another problem arises then you may never know about it so it is not really advisable.
    Hi Tracey - thanks for that info. Although it appears that its incorrect in this case as a DNSreport will confirm. cutesdelights MX record is definately on the same server (IP address)

Its is also proven by the fact the mail gets delivered to Caroline correctly. I think I'd rather take my chances with it going wrong in the future and not knowing.. ummmmmm, maybe.. grrrrrr

Stranger and stranger.

Comment

DNS problem

Actually, Jerry, a DNS check shows that the primary DNS for cutesdelights.com is listed as 207.58.140.119 and the secondary as 207.58.140.120. However, neither of the IP addresses of the DNS server is the IP address of this site! While www.cutesdelights.com takes me to your adult site, 207.58.140.119 is www.thedemocentre.net and 207.58.140.120 gives me www.webgardensuk.com. Something is real screwy in your DNS setup. That's why you get these strange error messages. Nothing to do with Actinic!

yvonne

Comment

A quick whois shows that 207.58.140.120 hosts 9 websites one of which is definitely cutesdelight.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

207.58.140.120 may be listed as the IP address for 9 sites, yet the IP alone will not bring them up in your browser. A reverse DNS lockup shows that 207.58.140.199 is actually vps.dwwebhost.net and 207.58.140.120 pegasus.dnswise.net, the later is probably the actual name server. Correct me if I'm wrong but to work as intended doesn't Actinic demand that you have a dedicated IP address? I still say this problem is DNS related!

yvonne

Comment

No - Actinic does not need a dedicated server - it needs a unique domain name that can be resolved by DNS - if that means tha joebloggs dot com resolves to port 80 and his sister sally to port 9010 on the same server - no problem. If you were right on this Yvonne, all the hosting services such as 1 & 1 would be out of business (or a good portion of the current live Actinic shops - or both).
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by yvonne
              Actually, Jerry, a DNS check shows that the primary DNS for cutesdelights.com is listed as 207.58.140.119 and the secondary as 207.58.140.120. However, neither of the IP addresses of the DNS server is the IP address of this site! While www.cutesdelights.com takes me to your adult site, 207.58.140.119 is www.thedemocentre.net and 207.58.140.120 gives me www.webgardensuk.com. Something is real screwy in your DNS setup. That's why you get these strange error messages. Nothing to do with Actinic!

yvonne
              Hi Yvonne, thanks for your thoughts, it was an interesting avenue to follow, but I agree with the subsequent posters and it doesnt seem to tie up with the error Tracey describes. The servers are indeed shared servers and there are are several other websites sharing the server. This doesnt cause a problem with with either the domains pop3 mail or sending from the domain via SMTP for the users and certainly other websites use a variety of form mailers without problems.

Actinic send the 'contact us' mail successfully to the designated end user and it arrives for Caroline no problem, the problem is that Actinic displays this error page instead of a thank you page.

If there was an error that stopped the mail being sent that would be fine, but the SMTP mail obviously works for the domain. the MX record for the domain is correct and the server and domain name server are on the same network and server.

Its very puzzeling indeed

Jerry

Comment

Hi Jerry,

the Contact Us form uses MailForm.pl and actually sends two e-mails. One to the merchant and one to the shopper. The problem is that it tries to send the e-mail to the merchant, then it sets the sender address to the e-mail address entered by the shopper. As the SMTP doesn't allow relay, it won't send this e-mail as it would look like it is sent by the shoppers's ISP.

Please try the following:

- Open 'c:\program files\actinic v7\sites\<site name>\MailForm.pl' in a text editor such as notepad

- search for:

Code:
                my @Response = ACTINIC::SendMail($::g_sSmtpServer, $$::g_pSetupBlob{EMAIL}, $sSubject, $sTextMailBody, $sEmailRecpt);
                - change this to:

Code:
                 my @Response = ACTINIC::SendMail($::g_sSmtpServer, $$::g_pSetupBlob{EMAIL}, $sSubject, $sTextMailBody, $$::g_pSetupBlob{EMAIL});
                - close and save the file and update your store.

The Contact Us page now should work, as the sender/return address will be the merchant's address, which is valid for the SMTP server. It means, when it arrives, both the recipient and sender address will be the same (The merchant's address), but the shopper's e-mail address will be in the message body.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for all your help

Hi Guys

Thanks for your throughts, ideas and Tracey for doing stuff for me on this.. I dont know who triggered the thought but it occured to me that sending it to a mail account that was a forwarder might be the problem.

I setup proper POP3 account on the server for this and configured the SMTP authorisation, did a test and uploaded the site via Actinic and Voila it works, no errors

Once again, thanks for being a sound board.

Regards
                  Jerry

Comment

Working...
                  X