"Add New Items" to Order, when catalog and orders are on 2 pcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Add New Items" to Order, when catalog and orders are on 2 pcs

are system is set up on 2 pc's, I update the catalog from home, and we process the orders in the shop.

I was in the shop yesterday and processing an order, and there was an item out of stock, so we phoned the customer and she took a different item instead.

I tried to make the adjustment on the orders screen, but the catalog which is displayed when you display 'Add New Items' is incorrect, it is just a copy of the original shop from when we first started, no new stock items are displayed (which makes sense as those items are all on the 'catalog' pc and not the order one)

what is the easiest way to keep them in sync, or is it not feasible? In the end I did a manual adjustment for the amount and didn't use the add new item feature, but I would have preferred to do it properly.

thanks
    Bve

Take a snapshot of your home computer once a day and transfer it to the shop computer

REMEMBER REMEMBER to make sure the overwrite orders is not ticked on the shop computer when importing the snapshot

You could then say once a week make a snapshot of the shop computer and import it into the home computer and if you tick the overwrite box you will have a more uptodate record of sales at home

Don't forget to make daily backups using snapshot and occassionally just a backup of the site 1 folder
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
      REMEMBER REMEMBER to make sure the overwrite orders is not ticked on the shop computer when importing the snapshot
      Where do I go to ensure the 'overwrite orders' bit is not ticked.

Comment

It's a selection that appears when you import the snapshot.

Comment

Working...
        X