Invalid Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid Key

Just purchased Business v7 and Actinic sent me the key today. Have just tried to use it to get going and it says the key is not valid. I have copied and pasted directly from the email and it is in the form aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa although there are some capitals, lower case and numbers in there.

Any ideas? Tried phoning but there is nobody home and I had an evening set aside for modifications! Maybe it's a few pints and a chilli kebab instead?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Where are you inputting the key? File - Sites or Housekeeping - Security?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

My evaluation has run out so I'm putting it in the window that opens when I try to open actinic.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
        My evaluation has run out so I'm putting it in the window that opens when I try to open actinic.
        There are 2 windows. One for Authorize on top where I am entering my key and the bottom one is for evaluation. I think maybe they sent me a duff key. Or do I need to download another version? If so can I just put Site1 into it?
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

If memory serves, the key only works for the one you've purchased, i.e. Catalog, Business or Developer. Do you have an option to select the one for which you are entering the key?

c

Comment

Have you installed Actinic V7 or are you running an earlier version of Actinic still?

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have Actinic V7 and I have purchased V7 Business. There is no option to select which one I want to authorize, only which version I wish to trial.

I wonder if I need to download something else?
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

You should be fine, I would suggest contacting Actinic and getting the key checked out. If you wish, you can email it to me and I will test it for you.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,

I think I'll give them a ring in the morning. I'm sure the key is wrong as there are no other versions I can see or specific instructions for activating a demo version.
                  Blank DVD
                  Cloth Nappies

Comment

OK,

City Link just arrived with a full copy of Business v7 which I guess my key will work with. Now, question is, can I save a snapshot of my current work and use it with this new version? Or, do I have to start again?
                    Blank DVD
                    Cloth Nappies

Comment

You just need to enter your key and it will start to work as if by magic.

Regards,

Comment

OK guys, my second actinic problem caused by lower case letters! It turns out the key supplied has a capital F in it and the email I got from actinic contained a lower case f so when I copied and pasted it rejected. Now, I could have just activated my trial copy in this way but I have only just realised this. So, this is what I have done. I wonder if you guys would look it over and tell me if I have caused myself problems. First I decided to do a clean istall of actinic from the CD. So, I copied Site1 to a folder and removed actinic from my PC (trial version). Then I installed from CD and after much head scratching finally noticed the upper case F! By this time I had deleted the actinic folder from C: completely and installed again.

OK, so I got into the software with the demo site. This is where it gets complicated. I decided to replace Site1 in the new installation with my backup copy. So I binned it and copied in the Site1 I had saved earlier. This seemed to work OK but when I tried to upload I got an error saying the Perl Script was not compatible with this software version. I guess this is because my Site1 was built on the trial and this is the full software. So, I have now gone to the Site1 that actinic installs by default (in my recycle bin) and pulled out the txt file PerlScript and whacked that into my Site1 folder toreplace the one that was there. This seemed to work fine and I was able to upload with no errors.

My question is, have I done something that will cause me problems later? Sorry for the lame numpty questions but I am learning fast and really appreciate all your advice. I hope you can follow what I have done here!
                        Blank DVD
                        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Is it the same error as reported here
                          http://community.actinic.com/showthr...scripts+server

If so, it's quite common when importing into a new installation, could just be a different verison.
                          I believe that thread gives a solution but, if not (and I don't have time to check just now) a forum search should find one.
                          HTH
                          Tracey

Comment

Yes, thats exactly the message. I have noted that the file PerlScript is version 181 in the download trial and version 183 in the full version (which I have). However, I built my site on the trial using 181 and this is not compatible with the full CD. So, I've pulled v183 off the cd and replaced v181 which seems to work just fine.

I'm just not sure if I've done something that's going to cause me trouble later and also, are there any other scripts that are going to need replacing?

I tried the things in that thread, thanks but neither seemed to work.
                            Blank DVD
                            Cloth Nappies

Comment

DOing a Web | Refresh just in case..
                              Blank DVD
                              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                              X