No announcement yet.

Capitalise Coupon Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. I've had some very upset customers in the past but on the whole it's been very useful to use.

Another example it can get wrong is where people enter their initals without spaces or periods. i.e. Mr AB Miller becomes Mr Ab Miller.

The best solution for me, but I haven't done it yet, would be to automate the correction but have an opt out tick box for people who get a problem with it. ie something along the lines of "We automatically format the name and address details on this page. If this creates a problem for you please tick the box here to disable it."

Mike

PS. Bruce I have two websites, one of which does the formatting, the other doesn't. The one that does the formatting in javascript gets it right 95% of the time. The one that doesn't I have to manually correct 95% of the time. Most people just don't seem to bother using capitals.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I find it very frustrating when people don't use (what I consider) the correct case when completing online forms.

That said I expect the Royal Mail can read the letters whether they are upper or lower case. I also suspect that I'm perhaps part of an old school brigade and that in a few years time it may be the norm to not wory about it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
        I find it very frustrating when people don't use (what I consider) the correct case when completing online forms.
        Me too.

What also annoys me is when I spot an incorrectly formatted address after I have printed the invoice and can't correct it without Actinic insisting on issuing a brand new invoice number, WHY!
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
        X