• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kermy
    What are you trying to do with USA?
    End up with USA, not Usa.

And even make a usa into USA.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Use

Code:
      format(this,'upper')
      to force upper case on the country field. Of course, you'll end up with 'UNITED KINGDOM' when someone enters 'United Kingdom'...

I guess I could create another section which allowed you to specify rules for certain words, but it is getting rather complicated
      www.gbradley.co.uk
      Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Originally posted by Kermy
        I guess I could create another section which allowed you to specify rules for certain words
        Guess you are staying away from the Welsh version

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Is it possible to use the card number action on the 'Secured Mode For Card Information' page? This is Act_Order03.html, which doesn't have an <input type.... line - it has <Param .... PROMPT002>

I have inserted the code in the relevant place in Order02:

<input type="TEXT" name="PAYMENTCARDNUMBER" size="20" maxlength="50" value="NETQUOTEVAR:PAYMENTCARDNUMBER" AUTOCOMPLETE="off" onblur="format(this,'cc')" >

but is having no effect on the next page. Does it need to be placed somewhere different?

(Everything else is perfect, many thanks Graham!)
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Graham - if you are feeling benevolent/bored/up to a challenge - hyphenated Mc's ignoring the 2nd part of the double barrel eg: McTaggart-Hamish

Start something free and you open Pandora's box

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
              Graham - if you are feeling benevolent/bored/up to a challenge - hyphenated Mc's ignoring the 2nd part of the double barrel eg: McTaggart-Hamish

Start something free and you open Pandora's box
              Not fully fully tested this but I think it also needs to include any hyphenated words - Sarah-Jane becomes Sarah-jane, etc., and also IOW (for Isle of Wight) (& IOM) don't always go in the capitalised COUNTRY field & become Iow, Iom.
              Paul
              Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

Paul - it currently ignores the second part of the Double-barrel ... I slipped the "Mc" in there as well just to add to Grahams challenge

Bikster

Comment

Hyphenated names now catered for, and have changed the exclude list a little. 'usa' becomes 'USA', but 'susan' becomes 'Susan'. You can add other phrases such as 'IOW', 'IOM' etc by including them in the exclude list.
                  www.gbradley.co.uk

Comment

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GRAHAM!

Probably not exhaustive, perhaps members can add to the list of placenames:

exclude=['Macclesfield','USA','UAE','Macduff','Macharioch','Machen','Machrie',
                    'Machriranish','Machrins','Machynlleth','Machynys','Mackworth','Macmerry',
                    'IOW','IOM']

These Mac's are placenames from the index of my GB Road Map. The only thing that occurs to me, now that Graham has put 'exclude' at the start of the script, is, will we be more likely to receive an order from somebody called 'MacDuff' than someone who lives in, Macduff?

Time will tell!
                    Last edited by Paul Bulpit; 28-Nov-2006, 08:14 PM. Reason: added the list
                    Paul

Comment

Just one more minor point. Its unlikely, but if any words in the exclude list contain single quotes, you must escape them with a backslash like this:

Code:
                      exclude=['O\'Reilly']
                      to add O'Reilly to the list.

That must be it for now....
                      www.gbradley.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5
                        will we be more likely to receive an order from somebody called 'MacDuff' than someone who lives in, Macduff?
                        Had a few from the place, but never with that name.

My own surname (Mackie), shouldn't have a capital K so that made my exclude list.

I'd imagine the forum member that sells tartan's will be busy with the exclude list if he applies this tweak to his 'site, lol.
                        Football Heaven

Comment

I'm sorry to mention this Graham, but we now need to fix full stops!

As in Mr.A.R.Smith becomes Mr.a.r.smith (though I think it's OK if Mr Smith puts grammatically correct spaces after the full stop - Mr. A. R. Smith).

Sorry to mention my earlier post #64 but how can this be applied to Act_Order03.html - this is the page that accepts card details in Actinic Secured Mode.

Thanks.
                          Paul

Comment

I think this would take the customer grammar variations too far, some use full stops, some just go Mr AR Smith which becomes Mr Ar Smith, throw in the `dot` variable and it becomes a lot of possibilites. I do think however, as the changes can be seen when you move onto the address line, that customers generally* would correct these errors.

*Although some do forget their house numbers, get the email wrong, etc, so a capital out of place maybe isnt their biggest priority. (lol)
                            Football Heaven

Comment

I take your point George & the other thing I'm encountering now is the people who don't have javascript enabled, so it has no effect at all.

But I had a quick look at Jan's OSOP and note that that has an action to correct names & addresses not for just one order but across whole blocks of them - so the possibility does exist, we're just asking Graham to fix it for free, for the benefit of the community - I do think that everyone who uses it ought to send him something for his trouble*.

My problem is that today's school-leavers (even my 21 year old) see "Mrarsmith" so that's what they type into Smartstamp......

I have a feeling this thread may be finished, so here's the search term for others to find it:

How to format customer names & addresses in incoming orders correcting uppercase, lowercase & postcodes. User input formatting.

And here's the link to Graham's fix:

http://www.gbradley.co.uk/downloads/...Formatting.zip

*(I intend to contact him in the New Year with a couple of jobs).
                              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5 View Post
                                perhaps members can add to the list of placenames:

exclude=['Macclesfield','USA','UAE','Macduff','Macharioch','Machen','Machrie',
                                'Machriranish','Machrins','Machynlleth','Machynys','Mackworth','Macmerry',
                                'IOW','IOM']

Update: add Macon (Georgia, USA) - had an order today from MacOn!

Paul
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X