Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network test successful but won't upload - PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wjcampbe
    Advanced | Network Settings - CGI Script number and extension. Not at all sure it will make any difference.

Have you logged in to your control panel and checked that the dot beside Windows CGI is actually green? If yes, try switching it off and back on again as this sometimes helps with script errors.

Other than that, I would get more details from the host as to what has changed - If they have upgraded from IIS 5 to IIS 6 or what exactly they have done.
    One door shuts, another one slams in your face!

Bill actually provided the key to the answer for the initial upload. I tried (just for giggles) changing the script extention from .pl to .cgi - hey presto, attempted to upload and it started to go up with zero hassles!!

However, as it got to the '' stage it comes up with a message saying 'One of the required scripts isn't present on the web site. Please refresh your website. I have tried doing a full refresh but it comes up with that same error message at exactly the same point each time.

Any suggestions now??? These is driving me nuts!

Is there a way to manually upload all the scripts to the relevant part of the site by FTP or something?

Comment

Is there a way to manually upload all the scripts to the relevant part of the site by FTP or something?
      There is, and a list of the files to upload, in the Advanced User Guide available from the Actinic Support Download page (but, wait - you already have it).
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

There is, and a list of the files to upload, in the Advanced User Guide available from the Actinic Support Download page (but, wait - you already have it).
        No. I don't have that, only manual I got in my box is 'Getting Started with Actinic Catalog' - I will go and download that now...

Comment

OK, got the manual down and manually uploaded the following files as instructed in the user guide...

nq00000x.pl
          ca00000x.pl
          os00000x.pl
          al00000x.pm
          ad00000x.pm
          as00000x.pm
          ae00000x.pm
          ao00000x.pm

I still get exactly the same problem/error.

Any other ideas? Things I can try?

It is literally the final bit of the update when it is about 'Merging incremental updates at the website. Very frustrating...

Comment

Connect to the site using an FTP programme and check the permissions on the files inside the cgi-bin folder. These should be 755, but many hosts set them to 644 on initial upload. If that is not the problem here, then do a search on merge error for a score or so responses.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X