Unable to upload after changing server to 123-reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to upload after changing server to 123-reg

I registered for hosting with 123-reg over 3 weeks ago as they were a cheaper option than my designers hosting charges. However, after 3 frustrating weeks, I am still unable to upload my site using 123-reg as my hosting ISP. I am using WS_FTP to upload the entire directory of
    C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6. However, my designers version of my website:- thewelshsweetshop.com is online, and the changes I have made are not showing; proving to me that my upload didn't work. I have tried uploading directly from Actinic Catalog but I am stumped as what to enter in the fields "web root directory" (Web|Configure web site details)
    When I enter details in Network Settings I don't know what to enter in the fields "Path from cgi-bin to Acatalog directory"
    What is a web root directory?
    Someone. please lead me through this minefield!
    Stephen John

this http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16260 similar discussion on 123 might help you

Comment

additionally you do have to upload via actinic (a site upload using FTP will not work) getting the network settings correct is critical to a sucessful upload.

Comment

Thanks Jo, but to upload via Actinic, I still need help filling in the fields
        "web root directory" (Web|Configure web site details)
        and in Network Settings I don't know what to enter in the fields "Path from cgi-bin to Acatalog directory"
        Stephen.

Comment

123-reg also known as fasthosts feature regularly in these forum, a search on "network settings, fasthosts" will bring up loads of posts with the info you require, including the thread that techno has pointed you towards

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys, but I'm still left scratching my head.
            The only thing left... is for me to telephone the help lines on 123-reg and/or actinic and run through my site and ftp settings. I hope that they don't take too long ... at 50p per minute.
            Stephen

Comment

Export and post your settings here (remove passwords and usernames first) and maybe someone else on 123 can compare them to theirs.

Comment

Working...
              X