Plurals and Apostrophes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plurals and Apostrophes

Does google distinguish between plurals. ie should I have one subsection for baby t-shirts and one for baby t-shirt.

What about apostrophes eg childrens pyjamas and children's pyjamas. I have both in Adwords and notice Children's pyjamas has more hits than childrens pyjamas. Maybe the pyjamas customers are all posh!

Geraldine
    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

I think punctuation (and immediate characters after it) is ignored. In other words just the opposite of what you thought might be true. Maybe they're not so posh after all!

Comment

Always use plurals if possible - that way you get both spellings via organic searches.

Comment

should I have one subsection for baby t-shirts and one for baby t-shirt.
        overkill, don't forget that your paying visitors are real people who would get confused by a double listing. I've never had a purchase from a spider.

You need to box clever with spiders whilst not rewriting your entire site to suit them and alienate real human visitors.

Comment

So as not to duplicate pages within the site I have done this:

Take the section Elvis Baby section

I have names each subsection
          Elvis baby T-Shirt (perhaps I should change this to Elvis Baby T-Shirts)
          Elvis Baby Clothes
          Elvis Baby Clothing

etc regardless of what product is within the section. All meta page titles etc are built around the section name. Then I have modified my thumbnail layout not to diplay the subsection name. Instead I have inserted a appropriate name within the description.

you can see this at

http://www.stardustkids.co.uk/acatalog/Baby_Elvis.html

So hopefully there is no duplication and confusion to the customer.

What do you think. Am I mad!

Geraldine
          Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Working...
          X