No announcement yet.

New site feedback please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My most recent Support communitcation has resulted in my sending them a copy of my custom theme (based on BusinessCSS and exhibiting the successfull use of TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP on Act_Primary.html). The guy who spoke to me asked for it so he could find out what the problem was, implying that he could find something to alter- possibly in one of the config files - that would enable the desired variables in that theme.

Its a little odd that you didn't see it working in BusinessCSS drounding :/ Although I based my theme on BusinessCSS, theres no compelling reason to keep any particular link to that theme - my theme is totally different. I'd be just as happy starting with a new theme in which it DOES work and just overwriting my templates again. However if it appears that once in a while I'll find something that doesnt work, it would be far more conveniant to know how to MAKE things work in any theme.

Comment

Im stunned - no explaination - its sunddenly started working.

I did what I did before, copied the exact code from primary to brochureprimary and its produced the top level section list on the home page. I can't believe it. I hope it wasn't an innocent mistake :/

I'm intrigued as to why some themes don't allow it as has been confirmed by other people. One thing that might be related is that I have since installed Actinic Demo on another machine (my laptop, im working away from home this week) and its worked on here. Ill try again at home next week...

Comment

Originally posted by jubbbird
        ...I did what I did before, copied the exact code from primary to brochureprimary and its produced the top level section list on the home page...
        What code are you referring to? - just the NQV reference or more?

The BusinessCSS theme's Act_Primary doesn't contain the NQV TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP. If you look in:
        C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes\BusinessCSS\Act_Primary.html the NQV is not there.

When I tried this out earlier I copied it in to both the Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary templates.

Comment

Aside from the fact that I KNOW I based my theme on BusinessCSS, I have no idea what is actually left to show for it. For that reason I don't know what has caused it to suddenly work.

However when I made my theme I decided to make use of TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP to get my main section list. Until just about 30 minutes ago it hasonly worked in primary.html, and NOT in brochureprimary. I specifically tried exactly the same code in brochureprimary to no avail, but suddenly having tried again for no particular reason aside from bordom - its working.

If it wasnt for someone mentioning above that it doesnt work in the TwentyFour7 theme, and the support guys acknowledging that it doesnt work in SOME themes, I would now assume that all along I had simply made a stupid but inncoent mistake - a typo if I hadn't copied and pasted it...

I now appear to have the top level section list on my home page without the need to use Javascript. With that I hypothesise that the only reason to use the javascript solution (aside from wanting the section list on a page not on the main site/domain) is to get yourself a menu that includes the complete section tree (including subsections). If it doesnt work for a given theme, its probably possible to convince it to anyway - im hoping support will tell me how shortly.

Comment

Working...
          X