Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dreaded Merge Error when uploading site

Hi Folks,

I'm getting the dreaded "error sending merge request" when trying to upload a site. On the site I get the Internal Server contact the administrator tell them the time etc....

Test (from Advanced Network Setup) works absolutely fine.

I've already checked/done:

1. Permissions. All set to 755 - public_html folder (hosting is with Easyspace who also sell an Actinic 'service' but I have my own Actinic Developer V7), acatalog folder and cgi-bin folder.

2. Tried deleting the PLs and PMs.

3. Tried deleting the old*/new*/diff*/blah* blah* blah* files.

4. Tried deleting all contents of acatalog and cgi-bin folder

5. Tried the full refresh.

6. Tried a different script number (2 instead of 1).

7. Turned off Norton Internet Security.

The site uploads BUT the scripts don't work and I can't look at Checkout, do a Search, see what's in my basket (even 0 items and 0 value not visible).

Please help!

Lucky I'm already bald!

Cheers,

Leigh

I know you say that you have switched off norton, but in all honesty I never believe that it is off, as so many times have uninstalled it for the problem to be solved (I am not telling you to uninstall - just trying to explain that switched off is not always switched off)...

I would go into the norton and check that you have Actinic as an excluded application and that it is not to interfere with its operation.

Comment

Well, it must be Friday night.

Don't know (really!) what happened, but I turned Norton back on (enabled it) as it didn't seem to be the issue.

Just for the hell of it I tried a site refresh and it worked!!

Done several updates in the last few minutes and it works a treat!

Weird...

Cheers,

Leigh

Comment

Working...
      X